Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

5 hours ago, iPwn said:

I don't mind that he was in the show. I don't even mind that he sang in the episode. I just felt like his "it's a new song" line broke the immersion. It just felt like a fourth wall breaking "Yeah, we got Ed Sheeran to write a song that isn't part of GoT lore and had him sing it". And amidst all the other tension in the episode, it just didn't feel right. 

What's funny is that the song itself was pulled directly from the books, though yeah, I didn't love the "it's a new song," line.

The scene itself was fine. Not sure it was entirely necessary, but didn't really do anything negative for me. It's gotten an excessive amount of backlash for something that, in the grand scheme, is pretty meaningless.

7 hours ago, titans0021 said:

What's funny is that the song itself was pulled directly from the books, though yeah, I didn't love the "it's a new song," line.

Not a book reader, so I wouldn't have caught that. Just explaining how it felt in the moment.

7 hours ago, titans0021 said:

The scene itself was fine. Not sure it was entirely necessary, but didn't really do anything negative for me. It's gotten an excessive amount of backlash for something that, in the grand scheme, is pretty meaningless.

It wasn't terrible, and I don't want to seem like I'm hating it to some ridiculous level. I just don't think it felt right. And it's really the only time I've watched and felt that a scene didn't fit in that way.

10 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Not a book reader, so I wouldn't have caught that. Just explaining how it felt in the moment.

It wasn't terrible, and I don't want to seem like I'm hating it to some ridiculous level. I just don't think it felt right. And it's really the only time I've watched and felt that a scene didn't fit in that way.

Yeah, it was definitely a weird scene. I'm partially fine with humanizing some of the Lannister foot soldiers, after all, most of them are just random guys in their late teens and 20s. It's something that I won't even remember by the end of next episode, so the amount of backlash it got just felt pretty excessive.

23 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Any predictions on the next person to die? Not any minor character, who is the next significant character to go?

I'm guessing Euron or Yara. 

I'm guessing that Tormund dies very soon. Also Yara would be one of my picks as well. 

The Hound & brothers w/o banners are likely going to die later this season as well imo. 

14 hours ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Any predictions on the next person to die? Not any minor character, who is the next significant character to go?

I'm guessing Euron or Yara. 

It's going to be a sand snake. The show already admitted they messed them up. They don't even get invited to Daenerys war council.

3 hours ago, Acgott said:

It's going to be a sand snake. The show already admitted they messed them up. They don't even get invited to Daenerys war council.

He said a major character ;)

Also I wouldn't mind if they all just died. They killed my boy Doran. So they can die to Joffery+Ramsey for all I care.

On 7/18/2017 at 1:48 PM, cddolphin said:

I didn't know it was anybody famous until after the episode aired. I actually found that scene to be one of the best in the episode, the singing was nice.

I'm there with you. I didn't know that was someone famous until after. I know the name, but i didn't know what he looked like or anything, so it didn't bother me at all

16 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Was I the only one looking for Hordor when they showed the dead army marching?

Quite possibly. I couldn't take my eyes off those damn giants lol.

That brings me to another thought I literally just had. Weren't there only two giants? IIRC, I saw two marching. I know one died in the Bastard Bowl but you gotta be crazy if you think Jon and Co wouldn't have burned him to prevent him coming back and joining the dead's army.

21 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Quite possibly. I couldn't take my eyes off those damn giants lol.

That brings me to another thought I literally just had. Weren't there only two giants? IIRC, I saw two marching. I know one died in the Bastard Bowl but you gotta be crazy if you think Jon and Co wouldn't have burned him to prevent him coming back and joining the dead's army.

There were actually 3 living Giants. Dongo died outside the attack on the Wall, Mag the Mighty died inside the tunnel under the Wall where Grenn held the gate. And then ofcourse Wun Wun who died after BoB at Winterfell.

if that march was taking place in real time (not a vision of Bran's) then there is no way those could have been the Giants we met in the show.

Edited by StLunatic88