Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

50 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Oh lord the grey worm and missandei thing is so stupid and pointless. Why that was even added to the story doesn't being to make sense to me. 

It might be the most unnecessary love story in the history of television and film, no hyperbole.

FWIW, I thought his speech to her was great but the scene should have ended much earlier. 

Edited by skywindO2

In hindsight, it should have been easy which gift Euron was referring to.  Although in my defense, she shouldn't even have been involved after Oberyn died. 

Glad the Sand Snakes got wiped out.  They were horrible in the show.  Glad they're pretty much done with Dorne now, unless they somehow manage to complete redeem themselves and introduce a Dornish character that they won't make suck.

Still don't like Euron, or even dislike him in the way you should dislike a villain.

While I get some people's angst at the Greyworm/Missandei scene, I thought the battle at the end was close to the worst part of the episode (just behind the short appearance of the Sand Snakes) because of how farfetched it was Euron could just find their fleet in open water in the middle of the night and through the storm that surrounded his own fleet.

3 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

I won't get into why Nymeria not following Arya doesn't make any sense because this is a show thread. But why introduce nymeria back to the story at all? Are we going to see bran take over all the wolves and have his own wolf army? 

...Its really straight forward. Its a metaphor. "That's not you anymore", or whatever Arya says is kind of a representation of herself.  She might be going back to Winterfell, but she's not the same person she was at all.

Also, how is anyone not understanding the Greyworm scene?  They're humanizing him and doing character development. Very basic stuff, guys.  He's going into battle next week, they're trying to make you care if he gets out alive.  Otherwise why bother ever even have him take off the mask in the first place?  Its a cruel world, this show is based in.  They're addressing the human element of it.  Not really hard to pick up on.

To the elephant in the room: Yes, also naked Missandei .  Duh.  That wasn't the point of that scene (although technically the intimacy was a lot of the point).  Obviously this has been a show that embraces nudity and uses that to its advantage.  Are you just now watching the show for the first time or something?

6 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Also Euron Greyjoy seems like he could be a great character this season

Yeah, I'm having a hard time figuring out why people don't like him now. After his introduction, hipster, barista looking self made his introduction in Ep1, I get it. He was kind of a tool but I think he took a major step forward this episode in terms of being a villain. 

I like your Greyworm progression also. It makes sense. I admit the scene seemed oddly placed but that is exactly what they're doing. Since that is not the Unsullied way, will this wind up being his demise? I feel one of them is going to die this season as a result of where this is going.

Also anxious to see if Sam can help Jorah. That scene was a lil cringeworthy lol

9 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

I won't get into why Nymeria not following Arya doesn't make any sense because this is a show thread. But why introduce nymeria back to the story at all? Are we going to see bran take over all the wolves and have his own wolf army? 

Aside from it making perfect sense, I would bet its not the last time we see Nymeria in the show. Arya is traveling back through the Riverlands, retracing her steps to Winterfell, so having the run in with Nymeria is the logical course of events.

Also, how is anyone not understanding the Greyworm scene?  They're humanizing him and doing character development. Very basic stuff, guys.  He's going into battle next week, they're trying to make you care if he gets out alive.  Otherwise why bother ever even have him take off the mask in the first place?  Its a cruel world, this show is based in.  They're addressing the human element of it.  Not really hard to pick up on.

Greyworm should be a side character. Why does the show insist on focusing so much on him? I'll never understand. He's not interesting. He's flat. He's the opposite of dynamic. I don't care about his emotional growth. He's supposed to be an efficient killer. Can't we focus on other rich romantic subplots like Tormund and Brienne?

naked Missandei

Topped the Sand Snake scene from season 5 imo to claim #1 in the power rankings

I feel like a bitter book-reader but these two episodes have been very meh. At least the sand snakes are dead (one is still alive and the mother too, but Cersei is going to brutalize them undoubtedly).

Sam's story is all over the place. What is his motivation to help Jorah again?? He knew his dad? So he'll risk everything as a result? What?

4 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Greyworm should be a side character. Why does the show insist on focusing so much on him? I'll never understand. He's not interesting. He's flat. He's the opposite of dynamic. I don't care about his emotional growth. He's supposed to be an efficient killer. Can't we focus on other rich romantic subplots like Tormund and Brienne?

Greyworm has been in like 30 total minutes of the last 5-6 episodes IIRC. That's pretty side-characteresque.

10 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Also anxious to see if Sam can help Jorah. That scene was a lil cringeworthy lol

That scene was the most I've cringed since the kidney stone scene in Deadwood. Even if grey scale isn't a real disease, both shows make me super thankful for modern medical technology. 

19 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

Yeah, I'm having a hard time figuring out why people don't like him now. After his introduction, hipster, barista looking self made his introduction in Ep1, I get it. He was kind of a tool but I think he took a major step forward this episode in terms of being a villain. 

I'm finding it hard to warm to him because of the overacting and because I've become somewhat fixated by the fact I don't believe he should have been able to find Yara''s fleet out in open water in the middle of the night