Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

3 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

What basis do you have that people would start to get angry about character development for a supporting character?

Duder, check online. People have been getting annoyed at Greyworm since season 5. Especially book-readers. This entire romance has wasted like 8 scenes and they've been pointless with regards to the overall plot.

Does Greyworm die? Pointless scenes unless you actually care about him (I don't). Does he live? There's still nowhere to go with Missandei. I just don't get the endgame.

Just now, Adrenaline_Flux said:

What basis do you have that people would start to get angry about character development for a supporting character?

What basis?  Five dozen characters that are more compelling than him.  I answered your questions even though you continue to neglect my direct questions.  Answer this one:

Of all the remaining living characters, and even some of the dead ones that are still walking, where would you rank Wormtongue as far as importance in the grand scheme of things? 

9 minutes ago, cddolphin said:

Duder, check online. People have been getting annoyed at Greyworm since season 5. Especially book-readers. This entire romance has wasted like 8 scenes and they've been pointless with regards to the overall plot.

Does Greyworm die? Pointless scenes unless you actually care about him (I don't). Does he live? There's still nowhere to go with Missandei. I just don't get the endgame.

Could you provide refutable sources? On a quick search on Google and Reddit, I couldn't find any centralized discussion about people hating Greyworm, let alone multiple spanning different forums to even begin to get a significant basis of opinion that would be better than focus groups that I am sure HBO and GOT use.

I don't think Greyworm's endgame is a significant enough plot point to get to enamored in finer details at this point as far as where it will go if he lives. Just let it play out.

8 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

What basis?  Five dozen characters that are more compelling than him.  I answered your questions even though you continue to neglect my direct questions.  Answer this one:

Of all the remaining living characters, and even some of the dead ones that are still walking, where would you rank Wormtongue as far as importance in the grand scheme of things? 

I have answered pretty much all of your questions. It is my questions that keep being bounced around, lol.

Way too many characters to rank, but I would say that of the supporting characters that he is probably pretty high given his position to Dany and the Unsullied.

7 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Point number 1,000... I've been calling him Wormtongue the entire time and nobody even noticed I was getting his name wrong, not even me. 

I cannot speak for everyone nor will I try to, but I noticed and determined that it was not worth discussing since it was trivial to our discussion and I thought you might be sensitive to the matter, so I took that into consideration.

He is ranked 35th in the entire series of screen time.  Characters who are still alive and have received less screen time than him and deserve more than him:

Olenna, Yara, Eddison, Gendry, Meera, Jaqen, Ellaria, Qyburn, The Mountain, Thoros, Edmure, Beric, Euron... Even Robin deserves more screentime. 

9 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

He is ranked 35th in the entire series of screen time.  Characters who are still alive and have received less screen time than him and deserve more than him:

Olenna, Yara, Eddison, Gendry, Meera, Jaqen, Ellaria, Qyburn, The Mountain, Thoros, Edmure, Beric, Euron... Even Robin deserves more screentime. 

So, you are this upset over the character with the 35th most screen time in the series?

44 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Low blow.  I'm no fan of Survivor, especially now. 

Second, no.  If you brought up the time spent on Tyrion, Wormtongue and Missandei shooting the poop drinking wine, if you reminded them of Wormtongue watching Missandei swim naked, if you reminded them of all the time spent on him even though he has extremely low impact on the story as a whole, people would start to get angry.  It's not like this was the first time they've wasted time on his character. 

you not liking a character does not mean no one else likes that character. If we are going to make large, overarching claims, the Missandei+Wormtongue relationship is one a ton of fans, especially female ones, really like. They'd be remiss not to appeal to half their audience

3 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

So, you are this upset over the character with the 35th most screen time in the series?

The one thing every character on his list has in common is that they have no screen time with Dany prior to Season 7. At some point, the Dany storyline has to be more than her screaming at people and throwing crazy eyes around. She actually had to have interactions with someone.

1 minute ago, JTagg7754 said:

Robin is the worst character ever on this show. That is not an opinion either.

Seriously. How Game of Thrones should have gone:

All of the Starks: "You conspired to killed Jon Arryn!"

All of the Lannisters: "He deserved it. Have you seen his kid?"

"Fair point. We cool?"

"We cool."

Roll credits

• Like 4

Just now, Adrenaline_Flux said:

Yes.  He's a stupid character and I watch this show for the characters.  Greyworm brings neither humor nor intrigue.  Robin brings humor to the series.  Greyworm walks around the show like, "I have no penis, I love Danerys, I love Missandei." 

And please to women liking the Greyworm/Missandei part.  This show has more strong females and likable females than any other major television show out there.  Women aren't tuning in for Missandei and Greyworm.  They're tuning in for Daenerys, Brienne, Arya, Lady Mormont, Sansa, Yara and dozens of other women with more intrigue, who have done more, and have shown more value in their sneezing than Missandei.  Missandei interprets, Greyworm fights.  Keep it like that.

This show was never supposed to be about romance.  If it was, the first sex scene wouldn't have been between siblings.  This show has been about character development, plot development, and a rich history with a dash of magic.  You want boobs, tune in later for HBO's late night programming.  I'd like to see more narrative fiction that doesn't revolve around two of the show's least important characters.

10 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Yes.  He's a stupid character and I watch this show for the characters.  Greyworm brings neither humor nor intrigue.  Robin brings humor to the series.  Greyworm walks around the show like, "I have no penis, I love Danerys, I love Missandei." 

And please to women liking the Greyworm/Missandei part.  This show has more strong females and likable females than any other major television show out there.  Women aren't tuning in for Missandei and Greyworm.  They're tuning in for Daenerys, Brienne, Arya, Lady Mormont, Sansa, Yara and dozens of other women with more intrigue, who have done more, and have shown more value in their sneezing than Missandei.  Missandei interprets, Greyworm fights.  Keep it like that.

This show was never supposed to be about romance.  If it was, the first sex scene wouldn't have been between siblings.  This show has been about character development, plot development, and a rich history with a dash of magic.  You want boobs, tune in later for HBO's late night programming.  I'd like to see more narrative fiction that doesn't revolve around two of the show's least important characters.

So, as a proponent of character development, you want to dumb down Greyworm and Missandei to their most basic of identities? That does not make sense.

Why does a romance only have to be about boobs? There was far more to that scene than Missandei simply being nude, and again I am guessing HBO and GOT have a better handle on the appeal of that relationship to their general audience than you do based on the lack of evidence you have provided.

To that last line: since when is the show revolving around them? It was a seven minute scene and one of those involved is the character with the 35th most screen time.