Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

17 hours ago, Forge said:

You know, it's funny...if you pay any attention to theory videos, there's a prevailing theory that the Maester's were partly responsible for the death of dragons back in the day. A good video out there to watch is the Dragonless Ambitions series by Preston Jacobs. Now, Jacobs is an interesting dude in his tinfoiling, and if you've seen any of his other videos, you know what i'm talking about, but one of the things that he says at the beginning of the video when talking about the Maester responsible for documenting the time is a "crappy, crappy historian". 

I immediately thought back to that when Sam brought out the book and then mentioned to Tyrion that he wasn't mentioned. I mean, I don't want to make Tyrion out to be more than he is, but he's kind of important to this entire thing if for no other reason than just killing his father. So for his name to not be mentioned at all is pretty crappy documentation for future generations. 

That was just for the callback to Varys in season 3 when he tells Tyrion that KL owes him a great debt, but the histories won't mention him.

16 hours ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

ectoath5vcz21.png?width=454&auto=webp&s=

Your meme game is strong.

15 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Also if you're Jon why would you admit to killing Dany? The dragon flew off with the body just tell Grey Worm that she went on a flight to get her head straight and bolt back to the north. 

Because it's Jon, the dumbest of the Starks (which is saying a lot).  It would be out of character for him to not walk up to Grey Worm and immediately admit to killing Dany.

14 hours ago, Forge said:

They aren't any more. That ended with aegon. But at the time of the conquest, they were vassals of the riverlands

Yeah, this was covered already, but the Seven Kingdoms are the North, the Vale, the Westerlands, the Iron Islands, the Reach, the Stormlands, and Dorne.  If yall recall, Robert Baratheon referred to "making the eight" in season one as banging a girl in each one of the seven kingdoms, "and the Riverlands."

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Also if you're Jon why would you admit to killing Dany? The dragon flew off with the body just tell Grey Worm that she went on a flight to get her head straight and bolt back to the north. 

It was only those two in the room and besides he is honest to a fault he probably would of turned himself in.

29 minutes ago, Sacks98 said:

It was only those two in the room and besides he is honest to a fault he probably would of turned himself in.

No, no...

I'm sure it was more like:

JS: Hey.....Queen D just died. Outright fell flat to the ground...who'a thunk it eh....and Drogon flew off with her. Oh and hey - that makes me King!
GW: Really now.......so where's your knife?
JS: Oh......errrrr....I lost it trying to fend off Drogon......trying to keep him from taking her. Cause I knew you'd want to examing the body and all......
GW: Yeah right. You know nothing Jon Snow.....no throne for you! To the dungeons with him! GW will now become King!

Edited by Leader
  • Like 1

Psst - there was SUPPOSED to be no reasonable justification for the innocent people dying. The entire purpose of her arc was to preach that no matter how just you believe you are and no matter how much you want to believe that everything you’re doing is good and right, engaging in war is never just. Letting her off the hook and giving her a reason to kill hostile civilians changes literally the entire purpose of the story that’s been set up since day one.

If you want to say D&D did a poor job getting to that point, that’s fine. But it doesn’t get fixed by changing the entire reason for arc. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pwny said:

Psst - there was SUPPOSED to be no reasonable justification for the innocent people dying. The entire purpose of her arc was to preach that no matter how just you believe you are and no matter how much you want to believe that everything you’re doing is good and right, engaging in war is never just. Letting her off the hook and giving her a reason to kill hostile civilians changes literally the entire purpose of the story that’s been set up since day one.

If you want to say D&D did a poor job getting to that point, that’s fine. But it doesn’t get fixed by changing the entire reason for arc. 

It would have been better if Dany just lived and won. 

18 hours ago, BayRaider said:

He specifically 100% aimed at the Iron Throne. To say he wasn’t targeting it would be foolish. You can debate why, but that was definitely a target. 

As for Jon.. doesn’t matter if he didn’t see it. Dragon isn’t dumb. Clearly can smell Jons scent on the dagger and no one else is in the room. Just a plot hole to keep Jon alive. They weren’t trying very hard. 

One thing that I want to clear up with this. Drogon comes in to see Jon weeping over her dead body. And to be clear, the jumping to conclusions that "Jon is the only person there, so it must be him" is also what led to Brienne being falsely accused of Renly's death. In a world with master assassins and shadow babies, you can't assume that the only person in the room did it (although he did in this case).

• Like 1

So to me, this season is probably the worst of the series from a story telling standpoint but maybe the best from a visual standpoint. That said, as someone who couldn't care less about Star Wars, is anyone really looking forward to the new movie these two are writing?? If I see their names on something, I'm not sure how I could get pumped up for it unless I'm going for a visual experience and can't care about the story or else you'd hate the movie. Like, a flick made for 13 year olds..... Michael Bay stuff....

Edited by JTagg7754

34 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

So to me, this season is probably the worst of the series from a story telling standpoint but maybe the best from a visual standpoint. That said, as someone who couldn't care less about Star Wars, is anyone really looking forward to the new movie these two are writing?? If I see their names on something, I'm not sure how I could get pumped up for it unless I'm going for a visual experience and can't care about the story or else you'd hate the movie. Like, a flick made for 13 year olds..... Michael Bay stuff....

Your first sentence is absolutely accurate which I’ve stated before. I compared this season to a Soulless Hollywood Firm with amazing special effects.