Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

Mods should I wait until Sunday to post anything in this thread now? I have a feeling if I make predictions for the finale such as "Bran does this" im gonna get called out "Wow that's a spoiler, you saw episode 6, this means Bran didn't die!".

Edited by BayRaider

16 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Mods should I wait until Sunday to post anything in this thread now? I have a feeling if I make predictions for the finale such as "Bran does this" im gonna get called out "Wow that's a spoiler, you saw episode 6, this means Bran didn't die!".

Use this, also SPOILER WARNING!: The episode will air on a sunday.

Okay, I'm going to talk about the leaked episode because I want to talk about it, and I know that others do:

Okay, I'm going to admit...somewhat underwhelmed with this episode. In terms of grand, penultimate season episodes, I simply didn't think that this one was as good as some of the previous seasons. I think it didn't help that I kind of expected Viserion to bite the dust in this episode for weeks, so the fact that it happened was more or less, "yep, saw that coming". I really loved some of the dialogue and conversations between the unlikely partners...Sandor / Tormund talking about Brienne (you DO know her!)....Jorah and Jon talking about the sword. That was all great stuff. But the action was sort of...meh...I don't know. It just didn't hit as well...and some of the slow mo toward the end was not something I was into. It wasn't really as grand or "final" as I suspected it to be. I was fully expecting more than just Thoros to die (not really counting Benjen - it was a heroic death, but at the same time, he's not really been a major character, and his living or dying was largely inconsequential to me).  I enjoyed the episode, but somewhat underwhelmed. IT wasn't a bad episode by any means, I just didn't feel like it was a top 8 type episode ever. Maybe my appreciation the episode was tempered by subpar audio from the file I was watching. 

Oh, but I loved the staredown between Jon and the NK. I asked for that a couple of pages back when I said I really wanted that to happen again. Jon was a lot more defiant in this one. Was good stuff. I will say that I'm not sure if Jon is brave, or suicidal at times. There were some other bits I Really liked, but I'm going to rewatch the episode with the good copy. I got the bad copy with the dude coughing, so maybe that took away my enjoyment of the episode to some extent.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Forge said:

Okay, I'm going to talk about the leaked episode because I want to talk about it, and I know that others do:

S7E6 Spoilers

No idea how you didn't love it. To me, it was everything we were waiting for since the end of season 1 when the idea of dragons and white walkers fighting became a possibility.

You had 6 of the best fighters in the world just hanging on for dear life, you know that Dany is going to come out of nowhere to save them but the fighting keeps going and there's more tension, then she comes out of the woodwork with Drogon just completely obliterating the wights. The Night King is a confirmed BAMF taking out a dragon with those (presumably ice version of Valyrian steel) spears. So even though now Jon knows all he has to do is kill the Night King and they all die like vampires, it still seems like an impossibly difficult task since he is both anti-dragon/anti-aerial on his own and now has his own dragon to ride anyway.

Jon Snow and the Night King's second stare down was awesome - you nailed it. The first time Jon was scared, the second time they were equal adversaries. My money is that in the 3rd staredown we see fear in the Night King's eyes.

Viserion becoming a wight was spoiled for me as well, but that was still amazing to watch. As soon as you saw those huge chains (where did those come from?) you knew what was going to happen, and the blue eye reveal at the end was so satisfying. Knowing it was going to happen didn't take anything away from how spectacularly entertaining the whole thing was.

The wait for Season 8 and to see how this ends is gonna be BRUTAL.

EDIT: I will say I'm getting a little sick of Deus Ex Benjen. Jon should have gotten on Drogon with the rest of them.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99

Leaked episode spoilers

The episode is certainly more enjoyable with the HD copy as opposed to the other version. I haven't gotten to the fighting yet, though. Also, I have to say that I love that they brought up the succession issue. That is something that really needed to be brought up at some point. It's just illogical that it wouldn't come up at some point. And the Tyrion / Dany confrontation was a long time coming. I can see the point of both in that game. 

Also, just to say it again...the dialogue and conversation in this episode really is great. I thoroughly enjoyed it. 

How do you put spoilers on mobile? 

Also, it seems fishy but I believe it's HBO on purspose releasing these episodes..

I mean episode 4 was the most watched because of the hype and action! Reaching 10+ million viewers.. Me thinks they're trying to get the same reaction out of this one..

never forget though! Episode 4! Fire..