Offensive Line Report - Preseason Game 1

ochocinco4pres

2 hours ago, ochocinco4pres said:

Per Joe Goodberry, in the game Friday night, Bodine was responsible for 3 run plays going for a loss and Ced was responsible for 2. 

Ced looked like he wasn't trying hard on the run block whiff.  He just doesn't have that nasty demeanor to always dominate his opponent, Bodine just sucks.

In pass blocking I thought Ced did well.  Again, he's no Whit but played the entire first half and only allowed his rusher near the QB (for a late hit on the head) once that I noticed.  I didn't notice Jake Fisher at all, which is probably a great thing.  Hopkins did really well...

2 hours ago, ochocinco4pres said:

Per Joe Goodberry, in the game Friday night, Bodine was responsible for 3 run plays going for a loss and Ced was responsible for 2. 

Ced looked like he wasn't trying hard on the run block whiff.  He just doesn't have that nasty demeanor to always dominate his opponent, Bodine just sucks.

In pass blocking I thought Ced did well.  Again, he's no Whit but played the entire first half and only allowed his rusher near the QB (for a late hit on the head) once that I noticed.  I didn't notice Jake Fisher at all, which is probably a great thing.  Hopkins did really well...

23 minutes ago, TheVillain112 said:

I agree Ced looked good in pass pro. He did struggle in run blocking because he isnt a mauler and got pushed around. 

1 hour ago, ochocinco4pres said:

I agree Ced looked good in pass pro. He did struggle in run blocking because he isnt a mauler and got pushed around. 

The run plays where he was effective he simply let his guy go the side he wanted him to go.  I never saw a great amount of push.  I don't know if that's savvy, or just means he can't grind someone into oblivion like Whit could.  I don't think it's a good thing though.  The book on him is quickly going to be to just bull rush him and he'll let you go whichever way you want.

1 minute ago, MrCincinnati said:

My mind is playing tricks on me. I though the title said "offensive tackle report", so that's why I made that joke. I confused it with the older thread.

No i'm just mean.  I edited the title.

I'm an abuser of power. :|

EDIT: Thanks for pointing it out.  I split it real quick earlier and didn't notice the mistake.  

6 hours ago, theJ said:

The run plays where he was effective he simply let his guy go the side he wanted him to go.  I never saw a great amount of push.  I don't know if that's savvy, or just means he can't grind someone into oblivion like Whit could.  I don't think it's a good thing though.  The book on him is quickly going to be to just bull rush him and he'll let you go whichever way you want.

You're 100% right.  Too often he just tries to push guys with their momentum out of the play instead of engaging them and grinding with them.  For a guy that's supposed to be a great athlete that just needs to refine technique, he looks really lazy out there.  Still, he did do well overall.  I can live with the performance from preseason game 1 for the season.  As long as he doesn't get worse...

Archived