Offensive Line Report - Preseason Game 1

ochocinco4pres

23 hours ago, theJ said:

No i'm just mean.  I edited the title.

I'm an abuser of power. :|

EDIT: Thanks for pointing it out.  I split it real quick earlier and didn't notice the mistake.  

AH HA. I knew I wasn't crazy.

For now on I'm taking screen shots so you can't trick me again. lol

Apparently the offense has struggled horribly the past few days in camp with playing against pressure. Dalton dropped back 10 times yesterday against the blitz, was sacked 5 times and threw a pick. 

The line looked good week 1, but against a very vanilla defense. The tests will come when exotic blitzes come and we are relying on a very young O line to pick it up to keep Andy safe. 

23 hours ago, ochocinco4pres said:

Apparently the offense has struggled horribly the past few days in camp with playing against pressure. Dalton dropped back 10 times yesterday against the blitz, was sacked 5 times and threw a pick. 

The line looked good week 1, but against a very vanilla defense. The tests will come when exotic blitzes come and we are relying on a very young O line to pick it up to keep Andy safe. 

The Bucs defense is that bad though. They have a very good DL as we all know, and the rest of there defense is solid for the most part. The Chiefs defense is a lot better though, no question about that, and with the starters playing longer, we will see.

27 minutes ago, johndeere1707 said:

Eric Winston needs cut badly. He is struggling this much vs. 2nd and 3rd string players. I have 0 confidence in him. 

I'd rather have Kent Perkins than him.

Obueghi played alright.  I saw that he got bull-rushed by Dee Ford once right back into Dalton but Dalton was able to get the pass off quickly.  Overall though, he looked better than week 1...

6 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

I just find it funny that the team wants to preach "the best guys will play" but keep marching out the same underwhelming players

As far as the starters go, it seems like they picked the best guys so far. Who they keep as reserve players may be another story.

1 minute ago, MrCincinnati said:

As far as the starters go, it seems like they picked the best guys so far. Who they keep as reserve players may be another story.

I was talking about kinda overall on the team not just oline, the oline player I was talking about was Winston still having a team spot. The other guy on defense was Michael Johnson obviously 

Archived