Martavis Bryant trade

Magnus-Viktor

I assume you all know about the Raiders cutting Martavis Bryant alreayd due to a looming suspension.  April 26th traded.  September 1st cut.  How cool is that, that we basically got a 3rd rounder for absolutely nothing.  

Then to take that a step further, imagine Big Ben going down with injury, and instead of Landry Freaking Jones, we now have Mason Rudolph as the backup, and it only cost us a 7th rounder to trade up 3 picks from the free pick for Bryant.  Or, going back to the last time we had a HOF QB retire, and we went 21 years with pure trash at the position in the meantime.  What if we actually get lucky and Rudolph is a franchise QB, or at least a serviceable one that could game manage a talented team to SBs?  

I was pretty high on Rudolph coming out last year.  I thought he'd be a late 1.  He's a steal in 3.  He has some issues (lack of mobility) but you can see he's clearly much more talented than Jones ever was.  I'm pretty stoked over that deal, especially now that I know Bryant (whom myself and others on here all wanted traded) is likely to be suspended and probably would've been cut anyway.  For once, the Steelers actually got lucky and got value for a player, rather than losing him for nothing.  

23 hours ago, Magnus-Viktor said:

I assume you all know about the Raiders cutting Martavis Bryant alreayd due to a looming suspension.  April 26th traded.  September 1st cut.  How cool is that, that we basically got a 3rd rounder for absolutely nothing.  

Then to take that a step further, imagine Big Ben going down with injury, and instead of Landry Freaking Jones, we now have Mason Rudolph as the backup, and it only cost us a 7th rounder to trade up 3 picks from the free pick for Bryant.  Or, going back to the last time we had a HOF QB retire, and we went 21 years with pure trash at the position in the meantime.  What if we actually get lucky and Rudolph is a franchise QB, or at least a serviceable one that could game manage a talented team to SBs?  

I was pretty high on Rudolph coming out last year.  I thought he'd be a late 1.  He's a steal in 3.  He has some issues (lack of mobility) but you can see he's clearly much more talented than Jones ever was.  I'm pretty stoked over that deal, especially now that I know Bryant (whom myself and others on here all wanted traded) is likely to be suspended and probably would've been cut anyway.  For once, the Steelers actually got lucky and got value for a player, rather than losing him for nothing.  

this trade and UDFA Adeniyi and Thomas made this offseason much better than what many of us originally felt on here. 

I was actually still supporting Bryant after we traded him. I was still hoping he would turn it around and become a great player. Unfortunately, it became clear he's a selfish piece of crap. Hope him and his idiot girlfriend can make his rookie contract last.... Probably not going to see much more money from the NFL. Good riddance.

On 9/5/2018 at 10:01 PM, FourThreeMafia said:

I was actually still supporting Bryant after we traded him. I was still hoping he would turn it around and become a great player. Unfortunately, it became clear he's a selfish piece of crap. Hope him and his idiot girlfriend can make his rookie contract last.... Probably not going to see much more money from the NFL. Good riddance.

I just saw a headline today that the Raiders were trying to find a way to bring him back lol.  I guess the 2nd half of that game slapped them into desperation mode already.  

I feel sorry for someone with mental problems.  I don't feel sorry for morons though.  

2 hours ago, Magnus-Viktor said:

I just saw a headline today that the Raiders were trying to find a way to bring him back lol.  I guess the 2nd half of that game slapped them into desperation mode already.  

I feel sorry for someone with mental problems.  I don't feel sorry for morons though.  

They resigned him. His suspension is in wait-and-see mode. Gruden said they also cut him partly because of his lack of Versatility. I don't think Martavis is smart enough to stay out of trouble or improve his game much. Sad, because he does have a ton of natural Talent. As with many athletes... Million-dollar Talent, 10 Cent brain.

On 2018-09-12 at 10:17 AM, Lambert44 said:

For some reason Dobbs was the number 2 QB on Sunday, Rudolph was inactive.

I loved getting Rudolph in the 3rd last year.

I think Dobbs is nothing more than a career back up QB and was a waste of a 4th rounder last year.

agree except I think Dobbs could be better than other starters in the league, and if we can Keep him and Rudolph we are set at QB for a while

I agree about Dobbs being a career back up, he’ll likely have a career similar to Dennis Dixon, Ben’s back up from a decade ago  who was meh as a back up but he did have one big win in Baltimore on that pass to Santonio Holmes in 08 or 09 I think.

Rudolph could be the future and could be Ben’s eventual replacement but he has a lot of work and learning to do and Dobbs is probably currently ahead of him in knowledge of the offense, that’s why Rudolph was inactive.

As for Bryant, he was re-signed because the Raiders need so much help. He’s still a good wr and wish him well.

3 hours ago, jebrick said:

Dobbs showed me more in the 3rd preseason game than LJ did in 3 years.  He is not a franchise QB but I think he could do well IF they make some plays for him.

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves here, one guy played in NFL reagular season games and two playoff games, and one guy has not.

Archived