GDT: Week 1 @ Carolina Panthers

flyingmonkey30

24 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

It doesn't happen in Dallas only. I would guess everybody would take Jim Bob and Stafford over Linehan and Dak.

Idk about the coach, but. Yes. Lol I would take Matthew freaking Stafford over Dak. He threw 5 picks? That sucks. The Jets defense is top flight. Was the box stacked 8 or 9 deep because of his RB though? I highly doubt it. I bet it was the opposite. Give the Lions Zeke and see the difference. Plus they still put up 17 points. We may not hit that all year.

The #1 issue I had with the game/offense . . . They did not throw the ball deep!

It was literally the mantra all off-season. We got speed to stretch the field... We need to keep the defense honest and make them respect the deep ball... Zeke will run better because they will have to back-up and respect the speed... The underneath routes will be better, and WR will get more YAc, because defenders will have to account for deeper routes...

Either it was all a lie, and propaganda... or they forgot ... or, or... idk, it makes no sense. 

The ONLY thing I can do to rationalize it: Dak is all about ball security, so he rarely takes the big shot if there is uncertainty (even more-so without Dez). The game was close, and we were in striking distance, so he continued to "rely on Zeke". Basically, Dak seems to play completetly small ball when in "Feed Zeke", play safe mode... Save for the scoring drive, Dak never seemed to WANT to push the ball down the field. 

TL;DR - Dak needs to be better at assessing when he has to be the play-maker, rather than the compliment to Zeke. When he has to be the guy, he needs to realize he will usually have to be more liberal throwing the football, and be willing to make mistakes. It is a tough road to plow, to say "enough, they are stopping our game-plan, let me take over". 

54 minutes ago, Runaway Jim said:

I only watched the first half of the game and haven't read about it.

What did I miss?

We did better the 2nd half. But still not enough. Dakuracy never really got better, but Zeke got it going. Connor Williams was destroyed all gane, and La'el Collins was gassed in the 4th quarter. He turned into a swinging gate

Archived