Week 1 - Rams @ Raiders - MNF

RamRod

4 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

GG boys. Super fun first half, then we fell apart. Your roster and coaching is elite and I expect you to go very, very deep in the playoffs. Good luck.

Likewise! Wishing you guys the best. Don’t let this Loss deter you. Still a long season and Carr won’t be facing a talented defense like the rams much. 

6 hours ago, jrry32 said:

We got the W. Goff knocked the rust off a bit. I'm expecting a much sharper Goff next week.

I know no coach will ever admit to thinking another NFL team is anything other than a big game, but do we think the fact that we were starting with the Mess that is the Raiders, and possibly the worst team in the NFL in the Cardinals for weeks 1 & 2 (and 2 more home games after that) had anything to do with McVay not playing the Starters in the preseason?

Like if we started the year against the Vikings, I feel like Goff & Co would have gotten the Preseason Week 3 reps like in the past,

Thoughts on the game:

For starters, too late of a start time for a fan living in NY. I'm dragging at work today.

Some obvious rust, especially for Goff and the Defense. Fortunately, the D picked it up in the second half. I expect Goff to be a lot smoother next week. Gurley, however, picked up right where he left off.

Cory Littleton had himself a nice game. He was seemingly all over the place and racked up a lot of tackles. I know the INT he had was about as big a gimme as you'll find, but still an impressive outing for him. Definitely inspires hope for him.

I would have liked to see a more consistent pass rush from us. I felt like Carr was kept clean for the most part throughout the game. Ebukam had a few TFL's, which was great, but I'd have liked to see him get a sack. Again, I only expect the D to get better as the year goes on.

It's quite clear already that Cooks is far superior to Watkins. Had a great first game with us and drew a pair of big Defensive PI calls. Felt like we were making excuses for Watkins lack of production all season long last year. He also had a day to forget with the Chiefs on Sunday, despite the whole offense going off. In short, I think we're going to like this offense even more with Cooks out there.

First half had me nervous, but we came out and adjusted and performed the way a top tier team is supposed to. Great feeling to come away with the W. This is going to be an exciting year.

Archived