Week 1 - Rams @ Raiders - MNF

RamRod

2 hours ago, BEASToftheEAST4 said:

Thoughts on the game:

For starters, too late of a start time for a fan living in NY. I'm dragging at work today.

Some obvious rust, especially for Goff and the Defense. Fortunately, the D picked it up in the second half. I expect Goff to be a lot smoother next week. Gurley, however, picked up right where he left off.

Cory Littleton had himself a nice game. He was seemingly all over the place and racked up a lot of tackles. I know the INT he had was about as big a gimme as you'll find, but still an impressive outing for him. Definitely inspires hope for him.

I would have liked to see a more consistent pass rush from us. I felt like Carr was kept clean for the most part throughout the game. Ebukam had a few TFL's, which was great, but I'd have liked to see him get a sack. Again, I only expect the D to get better as the year goes on.

It's quite clear already that Cooks is far superior to Watkins. Had a great first game with us and drew a pair of big Defensive PI calls. Felt like we were making excuses for Watkins lack of production all season long last year. He also had a day to forget with the Chiefs on Sunday, despite the whole offense going off. In short, I think we're going to like this offense even more with Cooks out there.

First half had me nervous, but we came out and adjusted and performed the way a top tier team is supposed to. Great feeling to come away with the W. This is going to be an exciting year.

I mean, one thing we have to remember too.  As great as our interior DL is and as much as people want to rag on the Raiders, they have one of the top interior OL's in the league (and they paid bank for it).  We aren't going to see teams with that quality interior OL on a weekly basis, and so we're not going to see teams near as capable of doubling only one of Suh or Donald and trying to throw a chip on the other.

1 hour ago, BStanRamFan said:

I read yesterday that we cleared $2mil in cap space from Barron/Longacre restructuring. Do we think it is to bring in a replacement for Cooper or LB/TE?

Not sure but a replacement for returner is probably already on the roster. Don’t think it’s necessary to bring someone in.

31 minutes ago, RamRod said:

Not sure but a replacement for returner is probably already on the roster. Don’t think it’s necessary to bring someone in.

Probably not at returner with Kupp and possibly Kelly for KR. But we made restructure's for a reason and I'm very curious as to why?

On 9/11/2018 at 10:48 AM, The LBC said:

I mean, one thing we have to remember too.  As great as our interior DL is and as much as people want to rag on the Raiders, they have one of the top interior OL's in the league (and they paid bank for it).  We aren't going to see teams with that quality interior OL on a weekly basis, and so we're not going to see teams near as capable of doubling only one of Suh or Donald and trying to throw a chip on the other.

Yep. This is the most horrifying part of the Rams game. We have one of the best interior OL in the NFL (probably top 3). Rodney Hudson may be the best pass blocking center in the league and our interior got shredded on monday. If we can't contain Donald and Suh, I have a hard time seeing SF/Seattle/Arizona do it, considering their IOL are definitely inferior to ours. Carr was scared of them, of that I have no doubt.

2 hours ago, BStanRamFan said:

Probably not at returner with Kupp and possibly Kelly for KR. But we made restructure's for a reason and I'm very curious as to why?

My thought was we probably see Kelly active this week as the backup RB and we might see Brown deployed as the returner.  Countess also has, very limited, experience as a returner from Auburn, as does Troy Hill from his time at Oregon.

39 minutes ago, The LBC said:

My thought was we probably see Kelly active this week as the backup RB and we might see Brown deployed as the returner.  Countess also has, very limited, experience as a returner from Auburn, as does Troy Hill from his time at Oregon.

We just re-signed Jojo Natson.

Archived