Captain Marvel (Spoilers! Be Aware)

Acgott

I think it would be kind of cool to see a few new characters jump into Endgame to help the OG Avengers.  Help usher in the new phase.  But they have to be careful how they do it to avoid a DC misstep.  Even though the movie will probably be 3 hours, there will still be precious little screen time to go around.

13 hours ago, dtait93 said:

How do you think audiences would react to a Moose-Thor?

Of all the things we have seen in this universe so far? I dont think there would be a problem with Bill, he has always been one of my favorites, mostly because of how he looks.

1 hour ago, theJ said:

I think it would be kind of cool to see a few new characters jump into Endgame to help the OG Avengers.  Help usher in the new phase.  But they have to be careful how they do it to avoid a DC misstep.  Even though the movie will probably be 3 hours, there will still be precious little screen time to go around.

Lets just say Danvers shows up with a few team members (Ill go with BRB and Nova as my favorites) And they just come in, taking orders from Captain Marvel, kicking but, and showing off their strengths. Maybe they dont have lines at all, or limited ones corresponding with her. The quick glimpse of these brand new characters would be huge easter eggs for people like us and generate months of discussion around places like this. But at the same time, it would help stoke the fire of the average movie goer for that Phase 4 has in store. 

I dont believe in the "Super Hero fatigue" that some have suggested, but I can see how people may be done with the same old characters that we are going on 20 years with. So a quick glimpse of some crazy stuff we havent seen yet, and Danvers just referring to them as "part of her team" could go a long way to keeping the interest level high

3 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Lets just say Danvers shows up with a few team members (Ill go with BRB and Nova as my favorites) And they just come in, taking orders from Captain Marvel, kicking but, and showing off their strengths. Maybe they dont have lines at all, or limited ones corresponding with her. The quick glimpse of these brand new characters would be huge easter eggs for people like us and generate months of discussion around places like this. But at the same time, it would help stoke the fire of the average movie goer for that Phase 4 has in store. 

I dont believe in the "Super Hero fatigue" that some have suggested, but I can see how people may be done with the same old characters that we are going on 20 years with. So a quick glimpse of some crazy stuff we havent seen yet, and Danvers just referring to them as "part of her team" could go a long way to keeping the interest level high

That's probably a great way to handle it.  Treat them like Thor's friends in his first two movies.  You catch their names, but don't know much about them.  Later they can get a solo movie.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just finished watching it. I really liked it. Even with all of the expecting connections to other films (which there are quite a few), it really does a good job of standing on it's own. I wasn't really thinking about the other movies in the MCU, until a connecting reference would pop up. The chemistry between Jackson, and Larson is great. I really enjoyed all of their scenes together. And Captain Marvel really is one of the heavy hitters in the MCU. That's made pretty clear. I saw a comparison between the two Ant Man films, and I would definitely rate this above both. It's more character/story driven, while those two were more just story driven with a "heist" as the crutch. There are also a lot of 90's references, which are sometimes funny, especially if you grew up during that time period. I think some folks will feel it's overdone though. Our main villain of the film wasn't really noteworthy, which is typical of a lot of the MCU movies. Soundtrack I didn't find memorable either personally. I liked most of the cinematography. The de-aging tech for Jackson and Gregg was also amazing. 

There was onr big reference that I'm sure a lot of people have been wondering about how point A got to B, snd when you find out it's like "oh...so that's what happened...meh" :/

There are two post credit scenes. First one is definitely worth staying for. Second one...ehhhh. If you have to bounce, you can leave.

Overall, I think this film will won't be a huge knock out for Marvel, but decent overall like most of their movies. The comparisons between this film and DC's Wonder Woman will probably arise as well. I think I like this one a little better, just because Wonder Woman to me really falls off in the 3rd act. 

BTW, maybe I was under a rock, but I guess there was some backlash about how this might be a film geared towards having a feminist message? Didn't see any of that in the movie. It felt like whether Captain Marvel was a woman or man it wouldn't have mattered. 

13 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

Just finished watching it. I really liked it. Even with all of the expecting connections to other films (which there are quite a few), it really does a good job of standing on it's own. I wasn't really thinking about the other movies in the MCU, until a connecting reference would pop up. The chemistry between Jackson, and Larson is great. I really enjoyed all of their scenes together. And Captain Marvel really is one of the heavy hitters in the MCU. That's made pretty clear. I saw a comparison between the two Ant Man films, and I would definitely rate this above both. It's more character/story driven, while those two were more just story driven with a "heist" as the crutch. There are also a lot of 90's references, which are sometimes funny, especially if you grew up during that time period. I think some folks will feel it's overdone though. Our main villain of the film wasn't really noteworthy, which is typical of a lot of the MCU movies. Soundtrack I didn't find memorable either personally. I liked most of the cinematography. The de-aging tech for Jackson and Gregg was also amazing. 

There was onr big reference that I'm sure a lot of people have been wondering about how point A got to B, snd when you find out it's like "oh...so that's what happened...meh" :/

There are two post credit scenes. First one is definitely worth staying for. Second one...ehhhh. If you have to bounce, you can leave.

Overall, I think this film will won't be a huge knock out for Marvel, but decent overall like most of their movies. The comparisons between this film and DC's Wonder Woman will probably arise as well. I think I like this one a little better, just because Wonder Woman to me really falls off in the 3rd act. 

BTW, maybe I was under a rock, but I guess there was some backlash about how this might be a film geared towards having a feminist message? Didn't see any of that in the movie. It felt like whether Captain Marvel was a woman or man it wouldn't have mattered. 

Where did you see it at?

Archived