Captain Marvel (Spoilers! Be Aware)

Acgott

3 hours ago, D82 said:

Didn't Jean steal Carol's powers at some point?

Rogue does in the comics, its why Rogue has a similar powerset outside of her absorption power

3 hours ago, Broncofan said:

It definitely does, if you follow the comics (I don't, but google Easter Eggs from Captain Marvel trailer, and it's there).

I was gonna say, if the comic backstory is featured there is a pretty big secret that cat is keeping lol

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/28/2018 at 9:57 AM, NcFinest9erFan said:

at the 11 second mark, rumor is the old lady who walks in is the same one that Danvers punches in the trailer....:o

Seems highly unlikely. After she fought Captain Marvel in 1994, she stays in that same form until 2018? She can transform into anyone she wants. Her cover is blown in that scenario 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

that was probably the most effective trailer so far

Until the MCU actually outright botches a Phase 3-4 movie, I'll expect it will be worth it.  That trailer certainly ups the ante.  

I mean, really, outside of IM 2-3 and Thor 2: Dark World, which was eons ago, they've been on such a roll.  It's hard for me to doubt them now based on meh trailers, which I understand was the sentiment from the 1st ones.   

3 hours ago, D82 said:

I'm looking forward to this. Glad they aren't really giving away too much.

My biggest worry is there isnt all that much to give away...

I didnt get much more out of that special look that we didnt already know, and the dialog (although still cut together) didnt make me feel any better

Im worried they rushed this to answer the "why doesnt Marvel have a Female Superhero movie?" cries. And we might be getting a basic shell of the superhero story, with a few easter eggs, barely any character development that we care about, and in the end they will shoehorn her into Endgame, as a deus ex solution.

I hope Im wrong, Ill still be seeing it as soon as it comes out, but right now Ive seen nothing from this movie to get me hyped. But its got a Marvel sticker on itso im sure most will claim it as the best womans empowerment movie since Erin Brokovich

1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

Im worried they rushed this to answer the "why doesnt Marvel have a Female Superhero movie?" cries. And we might be getting a basic shell of the superhero story, with a few easter eggs, barely any character development that we care about, and in the end they will shoehorn her into Endgame, as a deus ex solution.

They have literally been working on this since 2014... and probably longer, thats just when they told us they were working on it. Im not worried about a rush job. Also the original planned release was July 2018. If anything, you should be worried they took too much time and over produced it. 

Archived