Captain Marvel (Spoilers! Be Aware)

Acgott

On 12/28/2018 at 6:57 AM, NcFinest9erFan said:

at the 11 second mark, rumor is the old lady who walks in is the same one that Danvers punches in the trailer....:o

Still can't get over how horrible his haircut was in that movie. Even the prop set 1200 year old mask looks better kept then his hair.

• Like 1

I think part of it is that Marvel has gotten to the point to where they know that the movies are going to be big so they are showing less and less in trailers and counting on the brand to bring people to the theater opening weekend and then counting on word of mouth after that.  As long as they keep making good movies, it's a great strategy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theJ said:

It's impressive to me that Marvel has set the bar so high that people aren't impressed and can't get excited by merely "good" movies anymore.

Im not even sure if its so much that the bar is set high due to quality, I think its more that its not an EVENT. Infinity Wars and Endgame are EVENTS more than theatrical releases. 

2 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Im not even sure if its so much that the bar is set high due to quality, I think its more that its not an EVENT. Infinity Wars and Endgame are EVENTS more than theatrical releases. 

It's true.  It's all buildup.  

I just think about the scale of this franchise and how we've never seen anything like it, and may never again.  Then every movie gets me excited.  Just enjoy it man.

45 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

As look warm as the reception on these boards has been on the hype, Captain Marvel's pre-sales are the third highest in MCU history behind only Black Panther and Infinity War. 

There's no doubt it's going to be huge regardless of the quality. It's the last movie released before Endgame. That alone is going to give it a huge bump.