Captain Marvel (Spoilers! Be Aware)

Acgott

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

They're comic book movies. If I want to see a film for it's direction/writing, I'll go watch an award baiting movie.

You don't care for the chemistry, or how the lore ties in, or how well everything fits together?

If they wanna change her back story and say she's a experiment freak, that's fine. I can buy into her being the most powerful. But it still needs to make sense.

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

Hmmmm Imd says just over a million. Oh well, thank God she was picked for a stable franchise or her bland acting just wouldn't be able to carry this movie.

Considering the other options for the role, they got it right. 

Katheryn Winnick, Natalie Dormer, Emily Blunt, Katee Sackhoff, Yvonne Strahovski, and Rebecca Ferguson were rumored for the title role.

7 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Thing is, the movie has numerous advantages the other origin movies didnt.

Iron Man, Captain and Thor's origins happened long before the MCU became as huge as it is now.    You cant compare it to them because they were still establishing everything then.    Now, Marvel movies are going to have success pretty much no matter what.

On top of that, its been made clear how much this will tie into the last Avengers movie.      That alone helps it tremendously.

And beyond the MCU advantages, there is nothing else good in theaters right now.

Captain Marvel is like a mediocre appetizer.     Its not that good, but youre hungry and its the only thing on the table until the main course arrives.  

I mentioned both points you brought up.

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

You don't care for the chemistry, or how the lore ties in, or how well everything fits together?

Sure but it's not the be all, end all. Everyone has different tastes. For example, someone thought the Fury eye thing was terrible while others loved it. You're not going to please everyone so the best thing you can do is put out an entertaining film. Is what it is. I thought Captain Marvel was an enjoyable movie and I love that the character is basically unstoppable. Badass characters make me happy so I'm easily pleased in that regard. 

2 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

How would Emily Blunt not kick total a$$ for that role? Now she is a superior actress.

I just don't envision Blunt as Captain Marvel. She may be a better actress but I don't think she was a better fit. Larson is better with comedy than Blunt is and fits what Carol Danvers is far better.

49 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I just don't envision Blunt as Captain Marvel. She may be a better actress but I don't think she was a better fit. Larson is better with comedy than Blunt is and fits what Carol Danvers is far better.

I agree about the fit.   I dont see Blunt in that role at all, either.     

Larson is a terrible actress though.    For a superhero movie, as you stated, amazing acting isnt necessarily needed, but for the first female led MCU movie, they shouldve hired a better actress to carry it.

39 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I agree about the fit.   I dont see Blunt in that role at all, either.     

Larson is a terrible actress though.    For a superhero movie, as you stated, amazing acting isnt necessarily needed, but for the first female led MCU movie, they shouldve hired a better actress to carry it.

No she's not lmao

Archived