Captain Marvel (Spoilers! Be Aware)

Acgott

12 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I loved Fury Road, but it isn't close to as good a story or have action sequences as good as Winter Soldier.

Agreed. Story isn't in the same stratosphere.

15 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Kevin Fiege:

Looks like a Secret Invasion storyline could still be in the cards despite the twist. 

I'm not hopeful. That could easily just mean she'll deal with their problems more in the galaxy. They didn't tease it whatsoever in Captain Marvel. I think that was a missed opportunity.

1 hour ago, vegas492 said:

Hoping that Thanos meets CM and uses the space stone to either tape away some of her power, or defeat her with it.  Because they need to knock that power down a notch right away. 

But if she's strong enough to beat a full IG Thanos, then Ron-Yogg should've been a cakewalk for Carol. Like, she should've kicked his arse without breaking a sweat. xD That was NOT the case.

It'll be interesting to see how they explain her power increasing a hundred fold in Endgame. 

50 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Agreed. Story isn't in the same stratosphere.

I'm not hopeful. That could easily just mean she'll deal with their problems more in the galaxy. They didn't tease it whatsoever in Captain Marvel. I think that was a missed opportunity.

Well this was never going to be a secret invasion storyline. You cant do that pre every hero save Frozen CA. It is hard to call this a missed opportunity when the opportunity hasnt even happened. 

side note, I gotchu on the double post 

55 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

But if she's strong enough to beat a full IG Thanos, then Ron-Yogg should've been a cakewalk for Carol. Like, she should've kicked his arse without breaking a sweat. xD That was NOT the case.

It'll be interesting to see how they explain her power increasing a hundred fold in Endgame. 

They've already touched on this a bit. Schmidt or w/e his name is has already stated that the tesseract was hypothetically a limitless source of power if she absorbed that much in the same way Banner did Gamma Ray's. Then that would pretty much explain her massive power. But them controlling her with the same device they used on Thor in Ragnorak is still pretty dumb. 

47 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Well this was never going to be a secret invasion storyline. You cant do that pre every hero save Frozen CA. It is hard to call this a missed opportunity when the opportunity hasnt even happened. 

side note, I gotchu on the double post 

Thank you sir! (?)

3 hours ago, KManX89 said:

She’s not tho.  As strong as she was at the end, Thanos would still wipe the floor with her with the IG.  They’re going to have to get creative in beating him. 

Saw it. Liked it a lot. Not Winter Soldier/Civil War good, but those are high watermarks to hit. Not everything is going to be a home run, sometimes you're stoked when you pop a double into the alley, which I think this was.

Now, onto Endgame.

31 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

She is supposed to be the strongest in the universe and that's how they do it?

Given her independent streak they never thought that she might try to remove it "just to see what happens".

I mean - Thor is the God of Thunder, and it subdued him pretty well.

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

I mean - Thor is the God of Thunder, and it subdued him pretty well.

Thor was way underpowered and not using his God of Thunder power. Not to mention when she decided to take it off she did so like it was nothing. If they recognized her as being that much of a threat. You would think there would be more of a plan there besides just of martial arts training and a electric buzzer.

4 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

Thor was way underpowered and not using his God of Thunder power. Not to mention when she decided to take it off she did so like it was nothing. If they recognized her as being that much of a threat. You would think there would be more of a plan there besides just of martial arts training and a electric buzzer.

I think the entire premise of Thor: Ragnarok was that he wasn't underpowered at any moment in the movie. (Odin basically said as much when he asked "...are you the god of hammers?") Even when he went full thunder on Hulk, the Grandmaster put the kibosh on that with a button press. 

I think the overall plan included the Accusors playing a bigger role in defeating her, but I think they all underestimated how strong she was. They knew she was strong - they just never knew HOW strong.

14 hours ago, ET80 said:

I think the entire premise of Thor: Ragnarok was that he wasn't underpowered at any moment in the movie. (Odin basically said as much when he asked "...are you the god of hammers?") Even when he went full thunder on Hulk, the Grandmaster put the kibosh on that with a button press. 

I think the overall plan included the Accusors playing a bigger role in defeating her, but I think they all underestimated how strong she was. They knew she was strong - they just never knew HOW strong.

And all it takes is to find the remote to get it off.

You're right I don't think they knew how strong she was, I'm just saying if she was considered that important you would think they would plan everything out a little more.

56 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

You're right I don't think they knew how strong she was, I'm just saying if she was considered that important you would think they would plan everything out a little more.

I think they overestimated themselves as usual since the Kree have always been the most arrogant species in the Marvel universe.  Carol was brainwashed to forego her own desires and completely submit to the Kree empire for 6 years or however long it was.  I’m guessing that’s why she went so long without trying to counter their measures to restrict her power.  Plus, Yonn-Rogg was always there to help keep her in check.  

Archived