Will Hue Jackson be our coach in 2019?

brownie man

Will Hue Be Our Coach in 2019?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Will Hue Be Our Coach in 2019?

• Yes
    • No and gets fired during season
    • No and get fired after the season

Yeah, I have mixed feelings about it. I think we will do a lot better than expected this year. We have more talent, but the biggest difference is going to be coaching. Kizer was not ready last year, but had zero help from Hue refusing to adjust to Kizer's strength and the fact that he was a 21 year old rookie. It's only pre-season, but Kizer looked a lot more comfortable in Green Bay and is most likely receiving better coaching.

If the Browns go 6 - 10 or 8 - 8, I feel like Hue stays; if we go any worse then 6 - 10 and they keep Hue.....I'd seriously think Hue has something on the Haslams.

40 minutes ago, brownie man said:

After watching the last episode of Hard Knocks I think we do pretty well, and I think Hue is our coach going for the 2019 season. 

I admire the optimism. Me personally, I wouldn’t want him to coach my local Pop Warner team. 2019 is a longshot to me. I don’t see him staying unless we win at least 8 games this year. While that’s possible, he’s not shown any ability so far at winning coin-flip games. If it’s close in the 4th quarter, you can bet he finds a way to mismanage, things snowball, and he finds a way to deflect in the postgame-loss interview. We’ve had 31 games of evidence in two years that he’s a bad HC. A lack in talent is not overlooked, but even a bad HC should stumble into some wins and certainly find a way in a few of those close ones. 

I put the chances of Hue being HC in 2019 as identical to the chances of him taking ownership for his past coaching failures. I put that number at 5-10%. That 5-10% is him taking over for his buddy Marvin in Cincinnati.

I hope Hue magically becomes a good coach and we win a good amount of games this year. If Hue continues to struggle as a head coach I hope we win in spite of him. Either way he probably keeps his job which is my hope because I want to win games.

That said, I wouldn't be shocked if he is fired after 4 games. If he survives that and we don't win I think they wait until after the season.

Also if the season is a lost. Fire him after week 12. Allow the team to get a head start on finding the new coach. The same way they landed Dorsey. If they didn’t fire Sashi and started their GM search process as early as they did, Giants would have Dorsey as their GM right now

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Also if the season is a lost. Fire him after week 12. Allow the team to get a head start on finding the new coach. The same way they landed Dorsey. If they didn’t fire Sashi and started their GM search process as early as they did, Giants would have Dorsey as their GM right now

Yeah, but can't you only interview a HC once they've been eliminated from the post-season? Probably not great odds we get a look at all the candidates we want anyways until other teams get a shot too. 

40 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Yeah, but can't you only interview a HC once they've been eliminated from the post-season? Probably not great odds we get a look at all the candidates we want anyways until other teams get a shot too. 

No you can interview and hire them during the playoffs. But some teams block their coaches from interviewing. Most do it during the wildcard bye week. 

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

I hope not. 

Dorsey will need to go out and get the best/hottest name on the market to replace him as well. I don’t want a Chud/Pettine situation happening here ever again 

Hue was the hottest name on the market..

Peterson wasn’t a hot name. Neither was Mcvay  

just saying

Archived