brownie man

Will Hue Be Our Coach in 2019?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Will Hue Be Our Coach in 2019?

• Yes
    • No and gets fired during season
    • No and get fired after the season

8 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Hue was the hottest name on the market..

Peterson wasn’t a hot name. Neither was Mcvay  

just saying

McVay was a hot name.  What are you taking about. He was tabbed as a Shanny Clone because of their time together with the skins. He wasn’t the hottest name because Shanny was also on the market  

I feel like Hue would of worked out if he wasn’t going into a full blow up tank job and would of hired an OC. 

I just don’t want to settle for like the 8-9th best guy

1 hour ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Yeah, but can't you only interview a HC once they've been eliminated from the post-season? Probably not great odds we get a look at all the candidates we want anyways until other teams get a shot too. 

That still at least allows the team to look at coaches and do their research. If they go after a college coach I believe it doesn’t matter. I think the playoffs only hurt if your a coach Still on a team in the playoffs. I thought the NFL was going to make a rule that a team can sign a guy but that coach is still allowed to coach in the playoffs. Basically making a McDaniels rules. So the patriots can’t come after him and get him to change his mind

I have very mixed feelings about this (yes, they are feelings, emotions, stuff I am not accustomed to) and nothing more.

Obviously we have many reasons to believe that the team will do better, none of which are attributable to Hueball.

If the team does better enough -- say 6-10 +/-, I am afraid Hueball stays, which is a travesty in my mind.

If ever there were anyone who deserved to lose his job, it was he.

And for him to benefit from performance that he has virtually nothing to do with just strikes me as real wrong.

18 minutes ago, buno67 said:

how crazy would it be, he wins coach of the year for leading this team to like 6-7 wins because of what happen the year before and he gets fired for it lol

Almost as crazy as him going 1 - 31 and still having a HC job

On 9/5/2018 at 9:32 PM, buno67 said:

how crazy would it be, he wins coach of the year for leading this team to like 6-7 wins because of what happen the year before and he gets fired for it lol

He won't get a vote for it. But if we make the playoffs I think he's a near lock for CoTY.

Probably not. I loved the hire at the time, so I'd be thrilled if Hue proves me wrong, but there's been nothing he's done the first two years to suggest that he knows what he's doing. The players seem to like him and play hard for him, which is about the only good thing you can say about the guy. Now that he's not calling plays, maybe he'll do better at the other aspects of coaching (although I doubt it). I know he wasn't given the most talented team to work with, but this team should not have gone 0-16 last year - we had enough talent to win at least a couple of games. We went winless due to horrid QB play and idiotic coaching.

Plus, John Dorsey didn't hire him, so we have no idea what he truly thinks about Hue. Even if Hue wins 5-6 games (and I think he needs to win at least five to have a chance at keeping his job beyond this season), Dorsey may still want to bring in his own guy, or have someone like Haley take over.

If he wins at least seven games, I'd say his job is safe. If he wins five or six, then it's really up in the air. Four or less and he's definitely out of a job.

29 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Probably not. I loved the hire at the time, so I'd be thrilled if Hue proves me wrong, but there's been nothing he's done the first two years to suggest that he knows what he's doing. The players seem to like him and play hard for him, which is about the only good thing you can say about the guy. Now that he's not calling plays, maybe he'll do better at the other aspects of coaching (although I doubt it). I know he wasn't given the most talented team to work with, but this team should not have gone 0-16 last year - we had enough talent to win at least a couple of games. We went winless due to horrid QB play and idiotic coaching.

Plus, John Dorsey didn't hire him, so we have no idea what he truly thinks about Hue. Even if Hue wins 5-6 games (and I think he needs to win at least five to have a chance at keeping his job beyond this season), Dorsey may still want to bring in his own guy, or have someone like Haley take over.

If he wins at least seven games, I'd say his job is safe. If he wins five or six, then it's really up in the air. Four or less and he's definitely out of a job.

Whole post, spot on.

58 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

My top three guys are Dave Toub, defillipo and Lincoln Riley. Hoping for one of those three 

I'd love Toub if he is cool keeping on Haley and Gregg. That would make for the easiest transition, plus both guys are high quality coordinators.

Riley interests me, but I'd need a little convincing.

Dabo Swinney is a guy that would excite me. I know everyone thinks he's a Clemson lifer, but this roster, Baker, and Jimmy's truck stop money might sway him. Plus, I think his title contender chances are down for the immediate future at Clemson. He might need the next couple of seasons to get back to the top. Good timing. 

I would say Urban but he's about to win another championship this year, and guys never leave right after winning the big one.

Maybe Zach Smith, he's available right now I believe. If he can't beat the competition, he'll at least beat their wives.

Bill Cowher, follow the Raider model of hiring long retired Coaches for WAYYY too much money, who go on to piss away all the good players on the roster.

I’d want you he new structure to keep 3 thing in this order. 

1. The 43. I hate the 34 and changing wastes years of careers of our players.

2. Dorsey as this gm. For better or worse let’s see this autistic fruit see it out. 

3. The coordinators. We need consistency.

Archived