brownie man

Will Hue Be Our Coach in 2019?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Will Hue Be Our Coach in 2019?

• Yes
    • No and gets fired during season
    • No and get fired after the season

16 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

If we want to keep the OC and DC. Toub is our best bet. And it would be a fantastic hire. 

whats the point of hiring a new HC then?

If the Browns want a new HC then he gets to choose his entire staff. If he wants to carry a guy over, thats on him. I dont want to force a DC or OC on a new HC.

5 minutes ago, buno67 said:

If the Browns want a new HC then he gets to choose his entire staff. If he wants to carry a guy over, thats on him. I dont want to force a DC or OC on a new HC.

If he were ok with them, it wouldn't be a force.

10 hours ago, buno67 said:

If they were going to fire Hue, last off-season would have been the time. I don’t think his leash will be as short as some do. I’d be surprised if he’s fired before December, if at all.

• 3 weeks later...

Mike Florio at Profootballtalk is and has always been a hack.

Today, they are running the click-bait "Todd Haley

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/27/todd-haley-says-two-point-play-was-lifted-from-eagles/

What Hue said in his press conference was something along the lines of "go back and look at some of the tricks we've had in the past and you'll see we had similar plays."

Anyone that remembers the year that the Bengals had the number 1 offense in the league coordinated by Hue would remember all the WR-passes Mohammed Sanu threw as well as the reverses that offenses ran.

I had a distinct memory of Sanu throwing a TD pass to Andy Dalton.

So, I looked it up to see if I was mis-remembering.

You'll find a "Philly Philly" type play. TD pass from WR Sanu to QB Dalton.

Post-game Hue's exact words, " [Hue after the TNF game on the "Philly Special" play] “We did not steal that from them. Please. I know everybody wants to think that. We have had that in our back pocket for a while. Go check my tricks from before, and go check (offensive coordinator) Todd’s (Haley) tricks from before."

Now, the fire-Hue media is running with the story as a Cleveland dysfunction or a Hue Jackson lying story.

Florio doesn't watch or know football and doesn't fact check things but just goes with the sensational headlines.

Haley should've acknowledged that Hue and Cinncyi had that play long before Philly ran it as Haley at the Steelers likely would've been aware of the play being ran by his competitor offense.

9 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

You'll find "Philly Philly" at the 1:14 mark. TD pass from WR Sanu to QB Dalton.

Yeah I don't think anyone really believes that play was created just last year. I think it has been in many movies even. No one steals that play, they just may steal the idea to use it. If a flea flicker was a huge play to win the SB that would have a name but it's still an old play. Hue gets no credit for the times we didn't use the play here. Those that have issues with Hue won't be persuaded very quickly, it took him a long time to build up his resume here now that he doesn't control the offense there is very little he can do to win those people back as far as being an offensive minded coach.

Hue needs to keep the peace between his coordinators and do damage control with what they say and not be worried about his image, he is just riding Baker's coattails and if Baker succeeds then Hue succeeds and if Baker fails Hue is looking for a job. Belichick needed Brady. Hue needs Baker. No big deal.

26 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Who gives a sht who thought of it, kudos to the staff for using it.

You don’t get bonus points for originality.

I had to learn this as a professional writer: nothing is new or original, it's all been done before. The most you can hope for is to add your own style and twist. Everyone thought M. Night Shamam..?? was so new and fresh, but dude made his name basically hijacking Alfred Hitchcock's playbook, meshing it with the Twilight Zone, and giving it a Breakfast Club twist.

Archived