brownie man

Will Hue Be Our Coach in 2019?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Will Hue Be Our Coach in 2019?

• Yes
    • No and gets fired during season
    • No and get fired after the season

4 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Would it be unfair to say Sean McVey is making Lincoln Riley look like a top tier NFL HC?

He’s my #1 HC prospect. We’d really have to pair him with a strong veteran DC though. I wouldn’t mind keeping G. Williams for another year to see how it goes. Def need another ST coach 

2 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

He’s my #1 HC prospect. We’d really have to pair him with a strong veteran DC though. I wouldn’t mind keeping G. Williams for another year to see how it goes. Def need another ST coach 

The only coach I’d fire Hue for is Lincoln Riley. 

We could do a lot worse than what we have currently. 

I don’t think our current group will survive more than 2 seasons. Haley keeps knifing Hue.

3 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

The only coach I’d fire Hue for is Lincoln Riley. 

We could do a lot worse than what we have currently. 

I don’t think our current group will survive more than 2 seasons. Haley keeps knifing Hue.

Flip would be nice tho. 

Just go after the best offensive mind they can find. 

13 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Would it be unfair to say Sean McVey is making Lincoln Riley look like a top tier NFL HC?

My only concern is that McVey came up through the NFL and Lincoln didn't. I'm not saying I wouldn't hire the guy, but it would give me enough pause, if I was Jimmy, to request that he watch film and talk football with an NFL lifer that I trust, who would then give me a thumbs up or down. But to be fair, I'd probably do that with all candidates, but I'm also the overly thorough type.

11 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

My only concern is that McVey came up through the NFL and Lincoln didn't. I'm not saying I wouldn't hire the guy, but it would give me enough pause, if I was Jimmy, to request that he watch film and talk football with an NFL lifer that I trust, who would then give me a thumbs up or down. But to be fair, I'd probably do that with all candidates, but I'm also the overly thorough type.

Isn’t that Dorsey’s role?

I dont know crap about Lincoln riley, but if he is a s clever as advertised he should be able to figure the nfl out. 

The gap between college and the nfl is decreasing with nfl teams copying college. 

Either way I want our next coach to be an offensive innovator.

We will have to say a pretty penny to get riley also, probably 7-8 million as he is on 4.8. 

Also with the sacking of coaches it would require it, unless we keep William's qw would paying a lot people a lot of money to do nothing. If we dont tank I thi k the coaching staff stay together.

15 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Riley’s lack of any nfl experience worries me a lot. Even more so with him being so young. 

Idk the way the NFL game is opening to more college concepts. The time to go after a top tier college coach might be now. His style isn’t as gimmicky as say Chip Kelly and it will help that he has a QB he fully trust and can properly build around. 

12 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

We will have to say a pretty penny to get riley also, probably 7-8 million as he is on 4.8. 

Also with the sacking of coaches it would require it, unless we keep William's qw would paying a lot people a lot of money to do nothing. If we dont tank I thi k the coaching staff stay together.

Some of the coaches can be let out of their contracts. Some of them might not want to coach with Riley. 

If it means bettering a team, Haslam will prolly pay for it

5 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Idk the way the NFL game is opening to more college concepts. The time to go after a top tier college coach might be now. His style isn’t as gimmicky as say Chip Kelly and it will help that he has a QB he fully trust and can properly build around. 

Some of the coaches can be let out of their contracts. Some of them might not want to coach with Riley. 

Depends of he has the cash. If he has to pay Hue out 10 million and haley and William's 10 million and the pay for a whole new staff, well I could imagine jimmy and Dee thinking of other things they would rather do with 20-40 million.

I agree that I think jimmy wants us to have a winner, more so that randy learned.

3 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Depends of he has the cash. If he has to pay Hue out 10 million and haley and William's 10 million and the pay for a whole new staff, well I could imagine jimmy and Dee thinking of other things they would rather do with 20-40 million.

I doubt Williams and Haley’s contracts would be that much and they prolly have clauses that if the HC coach is fired there is prolly a lesser buy out to get rid of them. It be dumb to give assistant coaches contracts that would make them hard to remove if they try and bring in a new HC. It might cost 20-40million but if it means making the browns winner, they will easily make that money up. It be a worthy investment. 

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

I’m not talking about system I’m talking about managing professionals. 

25 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I’m not talking about system I’m talking about managing professionals. 

I would say he be a better HC because of being at Oklahoma and dealing with their high profile guys, compared if he came from a lesser program. Helped he would have immediate respect from baker. Baker is a leader of men, so if Baker falls in line so does other. You would also hope that he hires a respectable staff. 

A lot of times when you see a college coach fail in the pros it’s because they took on too much power to handle. Three cases I think of it Spurrior Davis and Kelly. They all wanted to be GM and HC. Hopefully with Dorsey, it would allow Riley to focus on being a coach more instead of worrying about the other crap

Archived