Jump to content
Bucketheadsdad

GDT Week 1 - Steelers visit the Browns

Recommended Posts

I think Green Bay might. To counter the Mack trade. Colts might. Maybe San Fran 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bosko1616 said:

I think Green Bay might. To counter the Mack trade. Colts might. Maybe San Fran 

Dont think he gets traded inside of the AFC. If he does though, the Texans make almost too much sense out of the teams that actually have the cap to pay him. Another move while a good QB is on their rookie deal to have a 3-4 year run while Watt/Bell are playing out their last meaningful years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

I'll say...no one.

I don't think anyone would give him what he wants.

steelers might trade him to get something out of him. They could do better thana 3rd or at least get the 3rd rd pick a year early. Im assuming they might just let him walk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good luck this season Browns fans! Best squad you guys have had on paper since... I have no clue. A long time. Hope you guys shock the world with a win this week and finish around 9 wins. Anything is possible! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Good luck this season Browns fans! Best squad you guys have had on paper since... I have no clue. A long time. Hope you guys shock the world with a win this week and finish around 9 wins. Anything is possible! 

While it would shock the world, it would not shock me.

Last year I think we took them to 20-18 in game one, or some score like that.

They are a veteran team and not exactly in full gear in the early part of the season.

I think a Browns' win is very possible.

Hold onto the ball, take the ball away a couple of times, put Big Ben on his big butt some and we win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm always excited/optimistic for the opener, every year. But this is the first time that I'm coming into week one, and that #1 overall draft pick is not in the back of my mind. Like, I have so much hope each season, but our suckiness was inevitable. The only exception was '07, but as much as I wanted to believe in the squad, that '07 squad exceeded any and all expectations...My point is that this season is different. I was on my way into work today and I was trying to think of areas where this team needs to improve, and I legitimately couldn't think of a single one. That is assuming that everyone plays up to their potential. The talent on this roster is deep and it spreads across all positions.

At the same time, Tyrod is still the biggest X-factor. Are we going to see the same Tyrod as last season? Or are we going to see the growth, the willingness to throw downfield, the skills that make a QB great? I haven't been convinced from the preseason that he will, but I have REAL hope, not just the hope that comes from being a fan, ACTUAL hope.

This game is going to come down to Tyrod, and the defense's ability to prevent the big play. Even against Philly, we saw the D allow a number of plays over 10+ yards, and Big Ben can undoubtedly make us pay for that.

All in all, I'm excited guys. The stars are aligned for a Browns victory on Sunday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, buno67 said:

steelers might trade him to get something out of him. They could do better thana 3rd or at least get the 3rd rd pick a year early. Im assuming they might just let him walk.

I don't think anyone would be able to get a deal done with him prior to the trade. He wants $17 million per year which is a few more million than Gurley just signed for and more than twice what any other RB makes. So if he is a rental for one year under his tag they aren't getting much out of him, he looked slow last year and his average per carry dropped significantly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

I'm always excited/optimistic for the opener, every year. But this is the first time that I'm coming into week one, and that #1 overall draft pick is not in the back of my mind. Like, I have so much hope each season, but our suckiness was inevitable. The only exception was '07, but as much as I wanted to believe in the squad, that '07 squad exceeded any and all expectations...My point is that this season is different. I was on my way into work today and I was trying to think of areas where this team needs to improve, and I legitimately couldn't think of a single one. That is assuming that everyone plays up to their potential. The talent on this roster is deep and it spreads across all positions.

At the same time, Tyrod is still the biggest X-factor. Are we going to see the same Tyrod as last season? Or are we going to see the growth, the willingness to throw downfield, the skills that make a QB great? I haven't been convinced from the preseason that he will, but I have REAL hope, not just the hope that comes from being a fan, ACTUAL hope.

This game is going to come down to Tyrod, and the defense's ability to prevent the big play. Even against Philly, we saw the D allow a number of plays over 10+ yards, and Big Ben can undoubtedly make us pay for that.

All in all, I'm excited guys. The stars are aligned for a Browns victory on Sunday.

I think Tyrod is who he is at this point. He will err on the side of caution. If we count on him to be the main factor for us turning a corner I'm not optimistic. The handful of games that our QB lost for us last year we will win, and we have more talent and should be more competitive not turning the ball over twice per game so 5-7 wins is certainly possible.

I'm optimistic too. I hope Taylor does take some shots or our receivers make some plays that make our offense legit. There is no reason we can't compete. Even if we lose a lot it should be one score games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Are we going to see the same Tyrod as last season?

The one that took them to the playoffs?

I am down for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Are we going to see the same Trent Dilfer?

 

6 minutes ago, bruceb said:

The one that won the Super Bowl?

I am down for that.

Pretty much same logic IMO.

Edited by NudeTayne
Tyrod has never taken a team anywhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

The handful of games that our QB lost for us last year

The handful?

Must be an awful big hand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bruceb said:

The handful?

Must be an awful big hand.

It is, thanks for noticing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NudeTayne said:

 

Pretty much same logic IMO.

Au contraire.

Dilfer was inept, or marginally ept.

Legs alone put Taylor heads and shoulders above him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I think Tyrod is who he is at this point. He will err on the side of caution. If we count on him to be the main factor for us turning a corner I'm not optimistic. The handful of games that our QB lost for us last year we will win, and we have more talent and should be more competitive not turning the ball over twice per game so 5-7 wins is certainly possible.

I'm optimistic too. I hope Taylor does take some shots or our receivers make some plays that make our offense legit. There is no reason we can't compete. Even if we lose a lot it should be one score games.

Fair. But let me ask you this: How many above average QB's peak before they hit 30 years old?

Now, lets consider the difference in rosters. Buffalo did not have the receiving corps that the Browns do this season, nor do they have an OC like Haley. He has a far greater opportunity to succeed. If we see the exact same output from him as last season, to me, that says a lot about Tyrod as a player, and I'll leave it at that.

6 minutes ago, bruceb said:

The one that took them to the playoffs?

I am down for that.

This is a frustrating misconception. Tyrod did not "take" them to the playoffs. Yes, he was the QB of that team. No, they did not make it solely because of him. Remember, he was benched for Peterman. You think they did that because they thought he had the ability to be "The guy?" Cmon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am optometrists that if we keep our core together for most the season we go 10-6. 

So +/- playoffs depending on what happens. 

Ps I know it is says optometrist 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×