GDT Week 1 - Steelers visit the Browns

Bucketheadsdad

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

Bosko marking his territory hard.

Browns fan on heat. week 1 approaching and we haven't been broken my ineptitude of this organization yet.... again.   

I’m more confused then 2015 Bruce Jenner on who they hell these guys are coming in like they’ve been here.  

5 hours ago, bruceb said:

1. Who said that? (Hint: You)

2. No, I do not. I think he will be a guy that doesn't lose us games resulting in -- dare I say -- wins.

When you say someone "took" a team to the playoffs, it clearly implies them being the primary reason, which Tyrod most definitely was not.

I do agree that TT is the most competent QB the Browns have had out there in awhile, but I'm not convinced that he's going to bring significantly more wins. He's gotta take a step forward this year and not be so damn conservative with the football. Gregg's defense is not going to shut anyone out.

5 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

I do agree that TT is the most competent QB the Browns have had out there in awhile, but I'm not convinced that he's going to bring significantly more wins. He's gotta take a step forward this year and not be so damn conservative with the football. Gregg's defense is not going to shut anyone out.

significantly more wins than 0? 

I think Haley is a good coach and ooks ready to have another shot at head coaching. 

If Greg defense does work, it will be inspite of him imo, it has a butt load of talent, MG, DW, collins, og, Peppers, Randall etc. 

If we fail this year, it is a leadership fail. 

5 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

significantly more wins than 0? 

I think Haley is a good coach and ooks ready to have another shot at head coaching. 

If Greg defense does work, it will be inspite of him imo, it has a butt load of talent, MG, DW, collins, og, Peppers, Randall etc. 

If we fail this year, it is a leadership fail. 

Correct. I think this squad has MASSIVE potential, but they're only going to go as far as Tyrod allows them to go. His conservative play style will, if anything, hold this team back. Sure, he had an impressive TD to INT ratio. So did Cody Kessler in his rookie season. How did that wind up? Don't get me wrong, TT is not Cody. Rather, I think Cody is kind of a poor man's TT in some ways. I can't blame Hue for Taylor's faults. I have high expectations, but I'm also concerned that if Tyrod's play doesn't improve, those expectations will be far from reached.

I do agree with your statement on the defense though. His inability to cover TE's, a tendency for the big play to be allowed are gaping issues for me that can be covered up by a strong pass rush and great coverage from this bolstered secondary.

Only time will tell, but this could either turn out very well, or it could be another disappointment. 

As I said yesterday, though, there's plenty of reason to be more hopeful this season than in seasons past.

13 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Correct. I think this squad has MASSIVE potential, but they're only going to go as far as Tyrod allows them to go. His conservative play style will, if anything, hold this team back. Sure, he had an impressive TD to INT ratio. So did Cody Kessler in his rookie season. How did that wind up? Don't get me wrong, TT is not Cody. Rather, I think Cody is kind of a poor man's TT in some ways. I can't blame Hue for Taylor's faults. I have high expectations, but I'm also concerned that if Tyrod's play doesn't improve, those expectations will be far from reached.

I do agree with your statement on the defense though. His inability to cover TE's, a tendency for the big play to be allowed are gaping issues for me that can be covered up by a strong pass rush and great coverage from this bolstered secondary.

Only time will tell, but this could either turn out very well, or it could be another disappointment. 

As I said yesterday, though, there's plenty of reason to be more hopeful this season than in seasons past.

I am mildly optimistic that TT will be more aggressive or aggressive enough this year. 

1. Big play threat in JG, he hasn't had a WR like Gordon.  Gordon bailed out a number of QB's for us, Weeden and Campbell. Add Njoku and less so Antonio. 

2. Baker is behind him. He wil be feeling the pressure. 

3. He improves the run game with his threat to run, and if we have RPO's then this could become a lethal part of the offense as well, high percentage, effieicint. 

4. QBing to me is about making 10-15 good/not bad plays in a row, rather than hitting the big plays.

However

1. I think Tyrod can struggle to read defenses at times, I saw it when played the pats, he didn't know what he was doing out there.

Conclusion. 

We might win easier games or close games with him, but i think he might struggle against top defenses or defenses that disguise well. 

Archived