GDT Week 1 - Steelers visit the Browns

Bucketheadsdad

9 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

Everybody knows you don't take a receiver top 5.

FACT

We were better off drafting a backup swing lineman who sucked at 2-3 different positions, trading him, and then drafting Corey Coleman in the mid 1st and then trading him for a future 7th two years later. #maximumvalue

15 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

hue just can’t get out of his own way 

I don’t think it’s thst bad. Harrison is the best/most natural LT on the team. I just worry that he browns could get behind and the steeler DEs can pin their ears back and go after. 

Also would bet this isn’t purely a Hue move. Haley and Wylie had to be behind this as well

16 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

great move

he looked better than Corbett as soon at he got in there

much easier to have our TE chip and help a OT than get a guard help

I'll take Desmond Harrison and Darren Fells  blocking Bud Dupree over Corbett going up against Cam Heyward

best move for long-term

gentlemen we just found our LT as a UDFA times are changing for the better

2 hours ago, mtmmike said:

this to me looks like a swing for the fences if we hit on this pick up this means we have a chance at the playoffs next year.

the dl that are available plus maybe the best defensive back plus 70 million for free agents you can understand why they are trying him out.

Next year, they could try for the playoffs this year...

I have no gripes with our LT/LG situation except for them not giving Bitonio enough LG reps and moving him last second. Too many holes to address and if our LT doesn't work out this year/Corbett moves to C next year, then we obviously need to address it as a high priority next year.

13 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Very raw, def has some technique to work on but he is so atheltic that he can recover. I still think he is starting to soon. I would of tried to give him until the bye week but waiting to play him potentially causes issues for Bit. Haley can hide him with TE and RB help. 

Can someone get this man a barber that hair of his is awful looking 

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Man you guys are such a broken record. How dare the head coach start a player he thinks is the best fit. And to think he didn’t ask for the approval from a bunch of nobodies on the internet who used to play high school football. The nerve!

1 hour ago, ReggieCamp said:

The Steelers' edge guys aren't that good.  Dupree has shown flashes, but not many.

They are stronger in the interior.  I think I'd rather have Bitonio dealing with Heyward than Corbett trying it.

Good point.

I'm not against the move. It would have been nice to see how Harrison did with first team reps, and it would have been nice to see Corbett get reps at center. But hey, if Harrison plays well this season and proves to be the answer at LT going forward, then that will be huge for us going forward as we won't need to draft one early or sign one to a big contract.

Ideally, our starting OL going into 2019 will be:

LT: Harrison

LG: Bitonio

C: Corbett

RG: Zeitler

RT: Hubbard

That has the potential to be a pretty good and athletic offensive line. Just needs some depth.

Archived