GDT Week 1 - Steelers visit the Browns

Bucketheadsdad

59 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Fair. But let me ask you this: How many above average QB's peak before they hit 30 years old?

Now, lets consider the difference in rosters. Buffalo did not have the receiving corps that the Browns do this season, nor do they have an OC like Haley. He has a far greater opportunity to succeed. If we see the exact same output from him as last season, to me, that says a lot about Tyrod as a player, and I'll leave it at that.

I have been a Taylor fan since he was in Baltimore. Said they might be better with him than Flacco and still think they would be. Did well in Buffalo and became an average starting QB which exceeded what was projected for him. He certainly could continue to grow I just didn't see as much growth the last couple years as I was anticipating so I have tempered my expectations for him a bit but am still a fan I just don't think he'll ever be top 10. Hope to be wrong and he isn't bad by any stretch I just see him more top 15-20. Decent, not good enough to have a QB controversy in the future unless Baker looks mediocre.

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Good luck this season Browns fans! Best squad you guys have had on paper since... I have no clue. A long time. Hope you guys shock the world with a win this week and finish around 9 wins. Anything is possible! 

Have been saying since this year's schedule was released we are going 9-7 and losing in the wildcard game...and thanks for the well wishes!

Here are the facts.

We lost the home opener to the Steelers 21-18 last year. But we were saddled with:

Chris "I'm so great my special teams aren't so special" Tabor - his brilliant unit allows a blocked punt that put the Browns in an immediate 7-0 hole.

Kenny "be better than me" Britt - by that, you mean actually catch the ball on a key 4th quarter drive?

Also -

We did not have available the services of Myles Garrett or Josh Gordon that we will on Sunday.

And -

It is looking less and less likely that LeVeon Bell is playing. Even if he does, how gung ho are his team mates going to be blocking for him???

Broiwns 28-17.

Both teams have a new oc. Wash. 

QB. Pitt. 

Rb browns unless bell plays. 

Wr. Pitt. 

Te. Cle. 

Ol. Maybe us. We got their rt 

Dl. Myles garrett best dline man in the game on Monday at 0500.

Lb. Browns. 

Secondary. Browns. 

St. I'll go Steelers.

If tyrod and the pass rush do well, browns w. 

4 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Both teams have a new oc. Wash. 

QB. Pitt. 

Rb browns unless bell plays. 

Wr. Pitt. 

Te. Cle. 

Ol. Maybe us. We got their rt 

Dl. Myles garrett best dline man in the game on Monday at 0500.

Lb. Browns. 

Secondary. Browns. 

St. I'll go Steelers.

If tyrod and the pass rush do well, browns w. 

OL goes to the Steelers imo.  We can't ignore that JT is gone, and they are good (and established).  Hubbard wasn't their RT; he was their swing tackle.

DL is at least a wash, maybe advantage to them.  Heyward is a stud for them.

DB's are weak for the Steelers, but let's be honest, ours are bad until proven otherwise.  We have potential, though.

1 hour ago, mistakey said:

sorry boys.  gotta think the steelers win.  we havent won an opener since 2004.  until that changes i cant in good conscience predict a browns win

hope im wrong.

Man, don't start thinking logically now.  If we were thinking logically, we would've stopped caring about the Browns a long time ago.

I hope you're wrong too.

2 hours ago, mistakey said:

sorry boys.  gotta think the steelers win.  we havent won an opener since 2004.  until that changes i cant in good conscience predict a browns win

hope im wrong.

I used to be a 16-0 prediction guy.

Most talent ever seen in the new era on this team and I'm now an 0-16 guy. Leadership has a bigger role than I wanted to admit.

I fail to see the wins. Or win even.

2 hours ago, mistakey said:

hope im wrong.

True but since 2004 when have the Browns gone into an opener with as solid as a QB like Tyrod, as talented of a group of skill players, and a defense with as much destructive force?

if the browns still had a major ? At QB, lacked talent at the skill positions, and we’re questionable defensively, I would be predicting a lost. This browns team isn’t like our typical browns teams from years past 

I'd love to know how Gregggg plans on defending Antonio Brown.  That's maybe the biggest key of the game imo.

Me personally?  I would double him all day long (without Ward) and put Ward on an island with Schuster.

I also wonder if we've developed any freaking clue on how to cover a tight end.

Archived