Week 1 GDT: Dallas Cowboys at Carolina Panthers

Dingo18287

Week 1: Dallas Cowboys at Carolina Panthers

Date: Sunday 9/9/18

Time: 4:25 ET

Key Questions:

1) Who starts on the OL, and how well do they hold up against the Cowboys DL?

2) How many carries does CMac get?

3) How do the less experienced DB's do?

4) Are there more Cowboy fans in the stands than the Panthers?

5) Does this thread get to the 2nd page?

Prediction: Panthers over Cowboys 27-24

Matt Kalil's on IR, so out at least 8 weeks. Moton should be the starter at LT, Daryl Williams' status could change things up though.

If Williams is healthy he'll obviously start at RT, and Silatolu will be the LG. If Williams isn't ready this week we might just see Corey Robinson start in his place, but its also possible that Silatolu would slide out to tackle and Brendan Mahon or Greg Van Roten would start at LG.

If we fall behind I could see McCaffrey not even hitting 10 carries, though he would still be heavily involved in the passing game.

2nd round pick Donte Jackson appears to be starting across from Bradberry. Bradberry did pretty well in his first year, but Jackson seemed more "raw", so who knows how that'll go.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is a high scoring game. Outside of Funchess/Olsen, our skill positions look like an Al Davis fantasy. I could also see Zeke running all over us if their offense doesn't get stuffed early on.

Super pumped.  I have high expectations for this team and I'll be in attendance this Sunday too!

It's a solid match-up for both teams.  We're weak in the secondary and they are weak at wide receiver.  They are good at running the ball and we're good at stopping the run.  I think our defense, which usually starts the season strong (we've only given up 20+ in the opener twice in Rivera's tenure here), will hold up longer than theirs though.

Hopefully we get this Cam:

cam-newton-dabs-after-td-in-nfc-champion

and not this Cam:

giphy.gif

I think we'll win pretty easily. Dak is just a game manager and he'll be missing Frederick. Short and Poe should have some fun. Our run defense should be able to contain Zeke. Their front seven seems pretty blah. Even with our OL questions, it isn't like we've had a good OL in the first place for awhile and we're usually fine. Excited to see the new look offense. Hoping the secondary can hold itself together even though Allen Hurns, Michael Gallup, Cole Beasley, and Terrance Williams aren't exactly murderer's row...

I wish you guys all the best today.

But I hope your favorite team fails miserably. May your day be blessed otherwise.

I don't think we are going to move the ball well through the air, and while Zeke will get over 100 on the ground idk if it will produce a bunch of points. 

I also expect our pass rush(DLaw and Gregory on the edge, with Tyrone Crawford in the middle) to be great. Sean Lee will be great. 

So I see a low scoring typically sloppy week 1 game. Neither team cracks 30. I think only 1 possibly cracks 20 but

I say final score: Dallas 17 Panthers 19

With the new Dallas kicker that replaced Dan Bailey missing a chip shot game winner

1 hour ago, Dingo18287 said:

Seems like the classic Panthers game where they fail to put the opponent away. 

Instead of the prevent defense, we ran the prevent offense when we got the ball back just before the 2 minute warning.

We win but lose Greg Olsen and Daryl Williams, probably for awhile. Amini Silatolu at RT is gonna be a nightmare.

Really just seemed like more of the same old Panthers except throwing the ball deep a lot less.

Damiere Byrd, Luke Kuechly, and Mike Adams also had minor injuries.

Archived