Week 1 GDT - Minnesota Vikings vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

41 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Dalvin Cook. Could be a huge problem. 

Vikings are just a very well rounded team. It's on the road, and that place is loud. Hopefully we can at least keep it interesting, which is the expectation when you have a franchise QB. 

He's definitely the truth. Our run defense is going to be legit so we should be able to hold him fairly in check, but he's going to get his yards. He's too good not to. 

I wonder if they put Rhodes on Goodwin or if he just plays his side? 

1 hour ago, PapaShogun said:

Vikings are just a very well rounded team. It's on the road, and that place is loud. Hopefully we can at least keep it interesting, which is the expectation when you have a franchise QB. 

I'm confident in the run defense to keep him largely on check. He may have a solid game, but I don't think he had a spectacular one. 

Thielen and diggs and cousins? That will be a problem

1 hour ago, PapaShogun said:

Yeah, they don't really seem to have any holes on their roster other than their OL. They are a well disciplined team who is always prepared.

They play defense pretty straight up and are pretty physical all around on that side of the ball. Xavier Rhodes is a monster and they have 2-3 other good corners too. Their DL is stout and gap disciplined. I'm worried that our OL will get strong armed.

If we win this game, it will be because we out schemed them. Shanahan has a knack for getting WRs running free and we are going to need a healthy dose of big plays. Here is a pretty good breakdown of Kyle's history with Mike Zimmer 

https://www.sfgate.com/49ers/article/49ers-Kyle-Shanahan-has-fared-well-vs-13207710.php 

We know Kyle is going to watch the NFC championship game from last year.. 

7 hours ago, Forge said:

Did you guys know Jimmy only complete 37.5% of his passes inside the ten yard line last year? Oof. We need to be better in the red zone this year. 

It was rough, especially early on. But the last few games the team started to roll in the RZ. I have a feeling Kittle will emerge as his big RZ threat this year. Expecting around 7-8 TDs from him. 

19 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

I would expect to see a balanced attack between Dalvin Cook and Latavius Murray.  We may try to ease Cook into things, and Murray has been running like a beast in the preseason. 

Looking forward to a good game with the Niners.  Jimmy G looked like the real deal last year, so I'm sure he will give us a real test. 

Here's hoping for a good game with no serious injuries.

Archived