Sign in to follow this  
J-ALL-DAY

Week 1 GDT - Minnesota Vikings vs San Francisco 49ers

Before training camp I predicted that this was an 11-5 season but we lose this game. 

I still say 11-5, but I think Garoppolo magic continues in Week 1. 49ers 23-20 and an upset.

18 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Before training camp I predicted that this was an 11-5 season but we lose this game. 

I still say 11-5, but I think Garoppolo magic continues in Week 1. 49ers 23-20 and an upset.

I like the optimism!

I've used the playoff predictor website a few times now and keep coming up with 10-6, but could easily see 9-7 or 11-5 happening. This game, I've always penciled in as a loss, but the games I go back and forth on are the Rams @ Niners and Niners @ Chargers. 

49 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

Definitely think we will be in this game until the end. Garoppolo is going to have to play a mistake free game though, and either Kittle or Goodwin will have to make a few big plays in the passing game. Getting a win against Vikings in week 1 will be huge. If we do that, then I am confident we get to 10 or 11 wins. I mean I still think we have a shot at 9 or 10, but this will just assure it. 

8 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Definitely think we will be in this game until the end. Garoppolo is going to have to play a mistake free game though, and either Kittle or Goodwin will have to make a few big plays in the passing game. Getting a win against Vikings in week 1 will be huge. If we do that, then I am confident we get to 10 or 11 wins. I mean I still think we have a shot at 9 or 10, but this will just assure it. 

I think this could be a game where we are 60/40 pass/run ratio? Gonna be tough to run on the Vikes

I think our game plan for this game will be similar to the Jax game last year. Quick passes and roll outs. Minn plays a lot of man coverage, so if I had to guess that's what we'll do. Still going to be tough to get the run going and of course in their stadium. As NC mentioned, I think it will be a 60/40 throw to run ratio.

1 hour ago, y2lamanaki said:

Yes! In the Eliminator, I just could not pick any other way...  I have a co-worker who is a Vikes fan and I would love to march in to work wearing my 9ers tie on Monday with Garoppolo having pulled this off! :D

42 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I think this could be a game where we are 60/40 pass/run ratio? Gonna be tough to run on the Vikes

Gonna be tough to throw on them too lol. Seen that secondary? And they were one of the toughest in the NFL against tight ends. There's not an easy way to move the football on this defense

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Gonna be tough to throw on them too lol. Seen that secondary? And they were one of the toughest in the NFL against tight ends. There's not an easy way to move the football on this defense

True, we will probably put a lot of our guys in motion. I see Breida/Morris and Juice getting a lot of catches. 

The game is going to be a grind no doubt. The Vikings pass rush is insane and they have elite players pretty much at all levels on that defense. Garoppolo is going to have to be his usual accurate self without trying to force some throws. He will also have to hit the deep ball when it is there for the taking. You won't get many chances against this defense. 

I have a feeling this is going to be a shootout. 34-38 final score. I think Jimmy G connects early and often with Goodwin and Garcon. Trent taylor will be our 3rd down go to guy again and the Oline limits the Vikings pass rush to a pretty average day. The niners Oline is not being given enough credit, it's going to be among the best in the NFL, combined with Jimmy's quick release and decision making I think as a unit it will grade out high over the year. 

This Vikings offense is no joke they can really do some damage. I'm a believer in Kirk Cousins but we can survive some early big plays knowing we have our own gunslinger ready to counter. As long as our secondary of Tartt, Colbert, Sherm and Spoon remain on the field the entire game I wont doubt they can come up with a big turnover at any moment. Keep an eye on Colbert causing a fumble or two to Dalvin Cook who struggled with that in college. 

I'm curious who matches with Diggs/Theilen, Our secondary is really getting tested out the gates.  

38 minutes ago, 48 1/2ers said:

I have a feeling this is going to be a shootout. 34-38 final score. I think Jimmy G connects early and often with Goodwin and Garcon. Trent taylor will be our 3rd down go to guy again and the Oline limits the Vikings pass rush to a pretty average day. The niners Oline is not being given enough credit, it's going to be among the best in the NFL, combined with Jimmy's quick release and decision making I think as a unit it will grade out high over the year. 

This Vikings offense is no joke they can really do some damage. I'm a believer in Kirk Cousins but we can survive some early big plays knowing we have our own gunslinger ready to counter. As long as our secondary of Tartt, Colbert, Sherm and Spoon remain on the field the entire game I wont doubt they can come up with a big turnover at any moment. Keep an eye on Colbert causing a fumble or two to Dalvin Cook who struggled with that in college. 

I'm curious who matches with Diggs/Theilen, Our secondary is really getting tested out the gates.  

Witherspoon will play the right side and Sherman will play the left side. That isn't going to change nor are the corners going to match up with a specific WR. They will just play their respective sides.

41 minutes ago, 48 1/2ers said:

The niners Oline is not being given enough credit, it's going to be among the best in the NFL,

Thats a hot take

I was really set on getting Cousins in the offseason, but now I think we have the much better QB of the two. Garoppolo's decision making is so much better. I think it will show up in the game, too.

2 hours ago, Forge said:

ok maybe its a TAD bit easier to throw on them haha....