Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
J-ALL-DAY

Week 1 GDT - Minnesota Vikings vs San Francisco 49ers

Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I saw just now that Rhodes is questionable(I expect him to play) and Mackenzie Alexander is doubtful?

essentially, rhodes will play and alexander will not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

I saw just now that Rhodes is questionable(I expect him to play) and Mackenzie Alexander is out?

Xavier Rhodes is always questionable. He has a tendency to get dinged up a bit.

I think Alexander will likely be out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im hoping for a great week 1 matchup between us. There is a lot of hype going on for both Minnesota and San Francisco, but, regardless of who wins, both teams should be playoffs contenders all season long.

Good luck, and let's hope that stupid penalties and injuries have no place in this game!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 48 1/2ers said:

I have a feeling this is going to be a shootout. 34-38 final score. I think Jimmy G connects early and often with Goodwin and Garcon. Trent taylor will be our 3rd down go to guy again and the Oline limits the Vikings pass rush to a pretty average day. The niners Oline is not being given enough credit, it's going to be among the best in the NFL, combined with Jimmy's quick release and decision making I think as a unit it will grade out high over the year. 

This Vikings offense is no joke they can really do some damage. I'm a believer in Kirk Cousins but we can survive some early big plays knowing we have our own gunslinger ready to counter. As long as our secondary of Tartt, Colbert, Sherm and Spoon remain on the field the entire game I wont doubt they can come up with a big turnover at any moment. Keep an eye on Colbert causing a fumble or two to Dalvin Cook who struggled with that in college. 

I'm curious who matches with Diggs/Theilen, Our secondary is really getting tested out the gates.  

Have a hard time seeing Minnesota give up 30 plus points at home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Have a hard time seeing Minnesota give up 30 plus points at home.

Have a tough time seeing them give up more than 20 tbh. Weirder things have happened though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Witherspoon will play the right side and Sherman will play the left side. That isn't going to change nor are the corners going to match up with a specific WR. They will just play their respective sides.

Yes, Sherman stays on the left side, but my point was who see's more of Diggs and inversely more of Theilen? 

 

2 hours ago, Forge said:

Thats a hot take

A great center can have a big impact. Joe is still Joe despite people trying to write him off past 30. Solid depth overall at the guard spots too if someone goes down. The changes look to be very positive compared to the last several years. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Malcolm Smith doubtful. Lulz

More importantly Dekoda Watson is out. Got hurt today some how. I believe he was part of our nickel pass rush. Though I prefer Blair over him anyways. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 48 1/2ers said:

A great center can have a big impact. Joe is still Joe despite people trying to write him off past 30. Solid depth overall at the guard spots too if someone goes down. The changes look to be very positive compared to the last several years.

I think we have some really nice potential on the line, but I don't view our guards nearly as well as you do, and McGlinchey is a complete unknown. With 3 new parts on the line in a ZBS, it should also take time to gel. I wouldn't be completely surprised if we had one of the better offensive lines in football when all was said and done, but I'm just one of those guys who has to see it first. Love the optimism though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

Have a hard time seeing Minnesota give up 30 plus points at home.

We did put 44 points on the jaguars last year (I know, context), so it's not impossible we put up some points against another elite D. I personally think we might struggle. But Kyle is a great coach. I'm coming into every game this year thinking we might win. And thinking we might put up 30 points, no matter what defense we're facing. It won't happen every week, but some weeks, the game plan and the execution will just click. The question will always be: can the defense pull its weight? So we're missing Foster this week. No other major injury (does Malcolm Smith count?). We have a rookie LB and a CB returning from a major injury, and a very questionable pass rush. I don't think Cook beats us running, but he might receiving. And give a guy like Diggs enough time (due to lack of pass rush), and he'll get open for Cousins. Overall, I think we'll give up a few big plays. It's a matter of making our big plays on offense as well, and convert field goals into TDs.

I picked the Vikings to win, but I hesitated. They're just too good of a team not to be the favorites. We still have to prove our 5 game winning streak wasn't just garbage time glory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

More importantly Dekoda Watson is out. Got hurt today some how. I believe he was part of our nickel pass rush. Though I prefer Blair over him anyways. 

Yeah, I'll take Blair over him in pass rushing situations for sure. 

So our starting linebackers are going to be Warner at MIKE, Coyle at WILL? and then who at SAM? Marsh? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Forge said:

Yeah, I'll take Blair over him in pass rushing situations for sure. 

So our starting linebackers are going to be Warner at MIKE, Coyle at WILL? and then who at SAM? Marsh? 

No. SAM will be Nzeocha.            

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

No. SAM will be Nzeocha.            

oh yeah, keep forgetting he's on the roster LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think we have some really nice potential on the line, but I don't view our guards nearly as well as you do, and McGlinchey is a complete unknown. With 3 new parts on the line in a ZBS, it should also take time to gel. I wouldn't be completely surprised if we had one of the better offensive lines in football when all was said and done, but I'm just one of those guys who has to see it first. Love the optimism though!

McG is an unknown yes, but a #8 overall pick in my mind comes with the expectation that he's going to be solid. 

Now's the time i feel I can get away with being overly optimistic.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

No. SAM will be Nzeocha.            

That's sad. We honestly can't do better than that? I tried to watch him during preseason. Could barely find him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×