Week 1 GDT - Minnesota Vikings vs San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

28 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

That's the thing. If we had Jimmy G all last year then we would have won minimum 9 games. So if we were coming off a 9-7 season, would people still be picking us to win 6 games? Granted, this team definitely has its flaws and the early schedule looks brutal, but folks are underrating what a top notch HC/QB can do. 

Back to the game. Barrows said DJ Jones was one of the practice performers of the week award the team gives and that usually goes for players that aren't expected to play in the game. Richie James was another one, but that surely can't be right, right??? I mean I get he would only get time in the base front, but Mitchell shouldn't be getting all the snaps there. 

Magnuson and Malcolm Smith will be 2 of the 6 (we didn't promote someone to the 53 to take Watson's spot). Don't need 2 swing tackles,  so Coleman makes sense as a 3rd. From there one DL, one WR, and likely one DB will be inactive. Jones and James make some sense. Jones is the backup to a position not often on the field. James is likely the 6th WR (would be him or Bourne).

1 hour ago, 757-NINER said:

We were a better team last year than our record indicated.

I think we were a much worse team than our record indicated. I think Jimmy once inserted masked a lot of flaws, particularly on offense (notably, the offensive line). 

I do, obviously view this team as being better than last years team. Though I can see a way in which we finish 6-10 this year and I think we are much improved from last year.  I wouldn't be completely shocked by a 6 win team this year (but it's about the same as my level of shock if we finished with 10 wins this season), as good luck / bad luck could easily swing a game or two on the schedule, and I see us as a 7-8 win team. 

Archived