Preseason Week 2 Gameday Thread: Packers @ Redskins

MacReady

10 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

The receiver Clark?  He had 2 catches for 19 yards and a TD. 

Dammit. My GF works at a bar on Thursday and it got busy af so I was slinging drinks by like the 2nd QTR so I missed a ton, then I tried that YT stream and I got tired of it jerking me around. I had no idea he scored. I'm dumb.

Gotta watch it later so I'm not so out of the loop.

1 minute ago, NormSizedMidget said:
13 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

The receiver Clark?  He had 2 catches for 19 yards and a TD. 

Dammit. My GF works at a bar on Thursday and it got busy af so I was slinging drinks by like the 2nd QTR so I missed a ton, then I tried that YT stream and I got tired of it jerking me around. I had no idea he scored. I'm dumb.

Gotta watch it later so I'm not so out of the loop.

He caught a fade in the end zone, like he's been doing in TC. Obvious practice squad guy. Could have a legit shot at the team next year

Just now, Pad Level said:
29 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

He caught a fade in the end zone, like he's been doing in TC. Obvious practice squad guy. Could have a legit shot at the team next year

He’ll be a Jet by week 3.

Jets will sign all 3 WRs we throw on the PS lol

1 hour ago, Pugger said:

I hope our DBs don't look like they did the last time we played the 'Skins.  :S

I'd hate to be the bearer of bad news, but chances are good that they will look like their average selves.   This will continue to happen until our LB play improves.   They aren't elite CB's so they can only cover for so long.  Our defense seems to be all or nothing when it comes to pressure.

2 minutes ago, Pad Level said:

I'd hate to be the bearer of bad news, but chances are good that they will look like their average selves.   This will continue to happen until our LB play improves.   They aren't elite CB's so they can only cover for so long.  Our defense seems to be all or nothing when it comes to pressure.

Do we need elite corners ( would be nice of course) or just good corners? The elite pieces are on the offensive side of the ball, just cannot be getting bad as bad as last year, you know when they were all hurt except that slow guy who was our number one corner.

Just now, PackyAttacky said:

Do we need elite corners ( would be nice of course) or just good corners? The elite pieces are on the offensive side of the ball, just cannot be getting bad as bad as last year, you know when they were all hurt except that slow guy who was our number one corner.

No, but we need some better talent at LB.  The talent may be there already as there are some young kids that could grow.  Definitely the teams achilles heal.

Hopefully Geoff Gray and Amichia get some run with the 2nd team. Gray should definitely knock McCray off.. Better OL for more Hundley plz.

Did any of our corners actually jam? They played up but I don't remember them actually putting hands on.

I'm excited to watch our DL feast again, our 5 interior guys are solid.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

How long is Brett Hundley expected to play?  I'm assuming ~3 quarters?

I think we have to see a shift with how snaps go with the new cut down rules, no? I would expect more than a quarter split between Callahan and Hill

5 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

I think we have to see a shift with how snaps go with the new cut down rules, no? I would expect more than a quarter split between Callahan and Hill

I guess my train of thought is this, if you're going to roll into the season with two QBs (Rodgers and Hundley obviously) you want to give your backup as much exposure as possible.  That means giving them the lion's share of PT.  And since Rodgers snaps are going to come in G3 in a most likely scenario, you're going to want to get Hundley as much time as possible.

Archived