Preseason Week 2 Gameday Thread: Packers @ Redskins

MacReady

19 minutes ago, CWood21 said:
26 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

I think we have to see a shift with how snaps go with the new cut down rules, no? I would expect more than a quarter split between Callahan and Hill

I guess my train of thought is this, if you're going to roll into the season with two QBs (Rodgers and Hundley obviously) you want to give your backup as much exposure as possible.  That means giving them the lion's share of PT.  And since Rodgers snaps are going to come in G3 in a most likely scenario, you're going to want to get Hundley as much time as possible

I wouldn't be so sure we aren't rolling with 3 again. I also wouldn't be opposed to it. But Callahan last year, after hitting a couple teams 53s, ended up back here so who knows. 

Just now, JBURGE25 said:

I wouldn't be so sure we aren't rolling with 3 again. I also wouldn't be opposed to it. But Callahan last year, after hitting a couple teams 53s, ended up back here so who knows. 

I believe the only time we rolled with 3 was the season after Rodgers missed extensive time.  And given the fact that Callahan still ended up back in Green Bay was pretty telling to me.  There was probably situations where he had a clearer path to PT than here.

16 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I believe the only time we rolled with 3 was the season after Rodgers missed extensive time.  And given the fact that Callahan still ended up back in Green Bay was pretty telling to me.  There was probably situations where he had a clearer path to PT than here.

He just wanted to work with Magic Mike.

I don't think Callahan has a starting future but damn if he isn't fun to watch. I selfishly want him forever.

Am I the only one crazy enough to want to see the Packers put Hill back there as a punt returner ala Joe Theisman?  When I see his tape in college his athletic ability, speed and cutting ability really stands out.  Plus he looks big enough for it.  Would be a good way to have make the team in my opinion and have a 4th quarterback. 

3 minutes ago, minnypackerfan said:

Am I the only one crazy enough to want to see the Packers put Hill back there as a punt returner ala Joe Theisman?  When I see his tape in college his athletic ability, speed and cutting ability really stands out.  Plus he looks big enough for it.  Would be a good way to have make the team in my opinion and have a 4th quarterback. 

Do you think he is better than Trevor Davis?

There is almost no need for a 3rd QB, much less a 4th QB.

17 minutes ago, spilltray said:

Do you think he is better than Trevor Davis?

There is almost no need for a 3rd QB, much less a 4th QB.

Agreed...there is no need for a 4th QB so let me take that off the table.  But I like Hill's overall athletic ability.   Hill's 40 time was around 4.43 which is plenty fast and I like his initial quickness and build.  Hill is not a small guy.  Plus the running ability he displayed as a QB running through traffic in college looks like it could translate nicely to a punt returner.  I like Davis's overall speed, but I'm not sure he has the first step quickness that elite punt returners have.  I think Hill might have a quicker first step which is important to making to initial guy miss.  I'm also growing somewhat nervous watching Davis secure a punt in traffic.  Plus, its the preseason and if your going to attempt something out of the box this would be the time to do it. If I was Hill I would sure volunteer for it as I would be looking for any opportunity to make the team.

8 hours ago, minnypackerfan said:

I'd love to see him run a kickoff. I don't know about punts

7 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

When I saw Hill run and heard the commentators talking about him, I really wish he would have tried to make the team as a safety or receiver rather than a QB. 

might happen on the ps regardless

Archived