2019 Prospects thread.

Jimmy Austin

I think we’d all like Josh Allen as the RUSH LB in a 3-4 base, but if he doesn’t make it to 5 I think Jaylon Ferguson from Louisiana Tech makes a lot of sense to target. Granted he played in CUSA like Browns DT Larry Ogunjobi did, but Ferguson was DPOY for the whole conference. Due to the lack of exposure and smaller conference, he could go in the 3rd even with his production and I think would be a great addition. 

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/jaylon-ferguson-1.html

13 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

For sure. So you are Quinnen over Oliver all day at this point?

Before the combine yes.  Quinnen just turned 21, and there is no question about his size.  He can still get bigger and stronger.  His production in college was better, granted he played on a better team, but he played against better competition.    As long as he tests above average in agility, I think he is a better prospect then Oliver. I hope he doesn t test like A Shawn Robinson a few years back who lacked athleticism.  Quinnen s production suggests he should test pretty well in Indy.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Before the combine yes.  Quinnen just turned 21, and there is no question about his size.  He can still get bigger and stronger.  His production in college was better, granted he played on a better team, but he played against better competition.    As long as he tests above average in agility, I think he is a better prospect then Oliver. I hope he doesn t test like A Shawn Robinson a few years back who lacked athleticism.  Quinnen s production suggests he should test pretty well in Indy.

Q is a stud if falls to us you have to take him. Let the league decide who to double between Vea or Q.

• Like 1

If Jameis is gonna continue to be the focus, taking oline at five would make sense. We've gotta protect him better and figure out how to run the ball more efficiently. I think we took a big step forward already upgrading the coaching. But getting more fully capable big guys up front would definitely help too.

The defense has been a sieve forever now. Again, I think coaching and new schemes will already get us closer to the middle of the pack. But there are half a dozen guys we could take at five to help.

Taking a Quinnen/Oliver/Allen/Murphy/Greedy at five would help as much as taking a Jonah/whoever else settles as a top OT.

With this whole approach of "we cater to the players on defense", it's gonna be hard to predict what position they value most, but I'm thinking they just go BPA. The top 5 of this draft is shaping up to be all 5 D-line picks. Devin White is gonna be hard to pass up though. 

7 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Interesting fact that is going to effect the Bucs at 5.  Since the 2001 draft, there has been one draft where a QB wasn t drafted in the top 5 picks.  Basically, pencil in Dwayne Haskins being chosen somewhere in the top 5.

Yup. And of the last 13 QBs drafted in the first round, only one wasn't traded up for; Baker Mayfield. He was drafted at one.

• Like 1