2019 Prospects thread.

Jimmy Austin

3 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Since it isn t a Qb, what is the price, considering AZ roster.  I don t know.  Are you suggesting Burns is only around 200 lbs right now? I don t think Von Miller plays over 240, but I could bevwrong.

I think all options are on the table right now for the Bucs.  BA says its a reload not a rebuild.  How aggressive will they be, it s going to be fascinating to watch.

I thought I read Burns is around 210. So maybe 20lbs. But still. That's tiny.

I'm game for whatever we do. We've got enough needs that we can't really go wrong. But I still hope we can trade back a bit for a team moving up for Haskins.

13 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

I thought I read Burns is around 210. So maybe 20lbs. But still. That's tiny.

I'm game for whatever we do. We've got enough needs that we can't really go wrong. But I still hope we can trade back a bit for a team moving up for Haskins.

Fair enough on Burns.  I m not in favor of trading back this time.  I d rather take a shot at an elite talent.  I understand having more picks means more opportunities, but for me having a top 5 pick I go and try to acquire an elite talent   

Everything I have read suggests Bosa and Quinnen are elite talents.  Quinnen could actually drop to 5, but I hope Licht asks about tge price for 1st overall.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

hope Licht asks about tge price for 1st overall. 

The trade value chart has the first pick at 3,000 points. 1.5 is at 1,700. 2.7 at 510. 3.6 at 240.

We're probably looking at 1.5 and a future first. And then more because the chart always undersells what NFL teams actually value stuff.

So probably something like 1.5, 2.7, and a 2019 first.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

The trade value chart has the first pick at 3,000 points. 1.5 is at 1,700. 2.7 at 510. 3.6 at 240.

We're probably looking at 1.5 and a future first. And then more because the chart always undersells what NFL teams actually value stuff.

So probably something like 1.5, 2.7, and a 2019 first.

Thanks for the info for discussion.  If you believe Bosa will be a perennial Pro Bowler, how bad of a price is even that?  I m not thrilled giving up the 2nd, if that can be negotiated 2 1sts for an elite pass rusher has been established with the Mack.  Certainly, Bosa and Mack are not a great comparison.  Considering Licht s track record with 2nd rounders, might not be a bad idea to throw that in.  🤔  With the way the rules are, trying to acquire premium pass rushers is even more important.  The shut down CB is almost extinct. 

I expect an aggressive off-season. It is going to be fun.

10 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Thanks for the info for discussion.  If you believe Bosa will be a perennial Pro Bowler, how bad of a price is even that?  I m not thrilled giving up the 2nd, if that can be negotiated 2 1sts for an elite pass rusher has been established with the Mack.  Certainly, Bosa and Mack are not a great comparison.  Considering Licht s track record with 2nd rounders, might not be a bad idea to throw that in.  🤔  With the way the rules are, trying to acquire premium pass rushers is even more important.  The shut down CB is almost extinct. 

I expect an aggressive off-season. It is going to be fun.

For a QB, I wouldn't hesitate. I'd even throw in another late pick or two to seal the deal.

But it's a tough sell for a DE. Man. I mean. I mocked the Raiders for trading Mack for two firsts. But he was proven. I think that's the difference for me. I think Nick Bosa can be better than his brother. But I haven't seen it. And I'd hate to make that gamble and be wrong.

At the same time, this franchise needs a huge shake up. At least I think so. I don't know that we're one player away. And I really think Licht has done a good job making the most of the draft, with trade backs and being aggressive enough to get 'his' guys. But landing a potential elite player at the second most important position in football is really enticing.

It's a really tough call.

4 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

For a QB, I wouldn't hesitate. I'd even throw in another late pick or two to seal the deal.

But it's a tough sell for a DE. Man. I mean. I mocked the Raiders for trading Mack for two firsts. But he was proven. I think that's the difference for me. I think Nick Bosa can be better than his brother. But I haven't seen it. And I'd hate to make that gamble and be wrong.

At the same time, this franchise needs a huge shake up. At least I think so. I don't know that we're one player away. And I really think Licht has done a good job making the most of the draft, with trade backs and being aggressive enough to get 'his' guys. But landing a potential elite player at the second most important position in football is really enticing.

It's a really tough call.

I believe Airans doesn't  think they 're  far away, what that means for the off-season  is anyone s guess.  Pretty sure Nick probably has a higher grade then Joey, FWIW.  You only give up an extra first, if a team is confident it has a long term starter at QB.  It would be a ballsy, bold, and frightening move all rolled into one if they go up and get Bosa.  A line of Bosa, Nassib, and Vea for at least the next 5 years is pretty sweet.

Worst case scenario for me is to stay at 5 and draft a CB.  I just don t see value for this team for this draft.

2 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I believe Airans doesn't  think they 're  far away, what that means for the off-season  is anyone s guess.  Pretty sure Nick probably has a higher grade then Joey, FWIW.  You only give up an extra first, if a team is confident it has a long term starter at QB.  It would be a ballsy, bold, and frightening move all rolled into one if they go up and get Bosa.  A line of Bosa, Nassib, and Vea for at least the next 5 years is pretty sweet.

Worst case scenario for me is to stay at 5 and draft a CB.  I just don t see value for this team for this draft.

No risk it, no biscuit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bucsfan333 said:

I've been imagining a world where we draft Jonah Williams at 1.5 and somehow get Michael Dieter at 2.7. But now I'm contemplating trading the farm for Bosa at one.

Damn you, @ravishingone. 😂

No risk it, no biscuit.  I m not an OSU expert like yourself, but even I know Nick is an elite talent.

• Like 1

idk where all this Nick Bosa love is coming from but count me out

IMO we are better off drafting a DT than a DE

i think the successful trend in the league is pressure from the inside

IE Vea and Q Williams/Oliver , would wreck offensive guards and force QBs to run into whoever our Edge rushers are

theres no way id be for trading picks VALUABLE picks to move to 1 , no thank you

31 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

IE Vea and Q Williams/Oliver , would wreck offensive guards and force QBs to run into whoever our Edge rushers are

theres no way id be for trading picks VALUABLE picks to move to 1 , no thank you

Pretty sure BA commented that he has a plan for McCoy. Guessing that means he is wearing a Bucs Jersey next season.

47 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

The Rams have that with Donald and Suh and rank 20th or worse in everything dline related. Gimme an edge rusher please.

• Like 1