2019 Prospects thread.

Jimmy Austin

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

Yeah, no this is classic click bait.  I remember watching Bruschi at Arizona.  He was an under sized 4-3 DE, who was productive but didn t have the athleticism to bend around the corner teams wanted in a 4-3 RDE even as a situational pass rusher.  The last really big ILB that came out of college was Levon Kirkland from Clemson who played for the Steelers.  He played LB in college.  Moving a guy who played a decent amount of NT to LB is pretty unprecedented.  A team is not going to invest a first round pick on Oliver to move him to LB.  No shot.  Today s media.  Sigh.

Oh, yeah. It's a terrible idea. 😂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CHOMP_CHOMP said:

Im having trouble believing Oliver will fit into Bowles scheme. I know he runs a one gap, which does fit Olivers strengths, but I don't think he will be able to stand up against the run. Rashaan Gary is my favorite prospect that I think we can realistically get. Listed at 6'5" 285" i think he is the perfect "Calais Campbell" for Bowles defense. He is a freak athlete, who is shows explosive burst and strength. I just personally think he is a much better fit for our scheme. Thoughts?

This is a really good question.  I envision Oliver moving around the line similiar to Suh and Donald in LA.  If he is expected strictly to play a straight 5 tech in a 2 gsp system, then he would be wasted.  

I thought with Campbell s length and power it wasn t a great move to have him inside.  Usually in nickel, teams are trying to line up DEs with a lot of quickness to shoot gaps.  For me, that would be Oliver.  

I can see the argument of Oliver not being an elite prospect.  I have 3 elite prospects for sure: Bosa, Quinnen, and Allen.  I wouldn t be thrilled to see Licht to trade out of 5 if one of these guys are on the board.  If Oliver weighs in over 275 and maintains his athleticism in Indy, then I would add him in that category.

14 hours ago, indifference said:

Cant go wrong with Oliver. I know he is raw and a tad undersized but he will be a problem 1 on 1. Would not mind going Texans approach loading the talent on the DL. 

lately the buzz around oliver and Greedy have been trending down

those are 2 prospects i wouldnt mind trading back and targeting imo

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Would anyone pull the trigger on :

Will Grier in the 3rd 

Jared Stidtham in the 4th

Vosean Joseph in the 2nd

Brian Burns in the 2nd

Bryce Love in the 4th

just curious

Nope. If we can't (and we won't) draft one of the top QBs, I'd rather pass on all the rest and hope to hit on literally any other position.

Nope. See above.

Don't really know much about him. After quickly reading a write up it seems like he'd be better in a 4/3 where the traffic isn't as thick and he can use his athleticism to shoot gaps and tackle guys with good pursuit. Sounds like he's essentially Kwon; undersized, athletic as hell, and a big question in coverage.

Yup.

Nope. I'd prefer not to risk it on an injury prone RB who doesn't catch the ball.

I wouldn't hate the move down,  but I still don't like Jacobs at #10. There will still be top-end defensive talent available then. Would be pretty upset, but couldn't be mad. I do have Jacons as my 6th best player in the draft. And think he is going to be a pretty incredible NFL back. I just think we have far more pressing needs. And RB can be addressed later. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CHOMP_CHOMP said:

I wouldn't hate the move down,  but I still don't like Jacobs at #10. There will still be top-end defensive talent available then. Would be pretty upset, but couldn't be mad. I do have Jacons as my 6th best player in the draft. And think he is going to be a pretty incredible NFL back. I just think we have far more pressing needs. And RB can be addressed later. 

I understand your point.  Howard at 19 was definitely a BPA pick.  There was so much debate about Delvin Cook at the time being the pick.

I don t know enough about Jacobs, but I m looking forward to the combine to find out.  BPA, I can t fault the logic.