2019 Prospects thread.

Jimmy Austin

2 hours ago, indifference said:

if we draft a RB in the first two rounds i might shoot up obp my damn self

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Arians listed RBs as a position group we are strong in, for what it's worth. It sounds like he's far more worried about the line than any of our skill positions.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

ย 

Nope. I'd prefer not to risk it on an injury prone RB who doesn't catch the ball.

so i understand this sentiment, however if you look at our offense, when the eff do we ever pass it to our backs

trust me , i would love to incorporate routes out of the backfield and i hope that Arians starts to do this, backs running to the flats are one of the biggest mismatches youll find, yet we never really EVER run screens or designed routes to RBs

plus its not like these guys cant adjust, theyve played football all their lives im pretty sure they can catch balls

5 hours ago, indifference said:

if we draft a RB in the first two rounds i might shoot up obp my damn self

i also echo this, only because there are no good ones coming out though

only back i really want is Singletary from FAU or maybe Holyfield as a ground and pound guy

Just now, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

so i understand this sentiment, however if you look at our offense, when the eff do we ever pass it to our backs

trust me , i would love to incorporate routes out of the backfield and i hope that Arians starts to do this, backs running to the flats are one of the biggest mismatches youll find, yet we never really EVER run screens or designed routes to RBs

plus its not like these guys cant adjust, theyve played football all their lives im pretty sure they can catch balls

David Johnson caught 85 balls when Arians was in Arizona. Our RBs are gonna be a helluva lot more involved in the new offense. I would expect more "TD to checkdown" philosophies that actually have a checkdown option or two; lots of go routes with deep ins, crossing patterns, and RBs sliding out of the backfield underneath. I think the days of 'everyone run deep and Jameis has to chuck it no matter what' are gone.

Rojo sucks at catching the ball and he worked on it nonstop last year. ๐Ÿ˜‚ I'm still holding out hope that he'll figure it out. But you can tell he's not comfortable doing it since he's never really done it before in his career. That's not to say everybody who's never done it can't figure it out. But I think that if we do draft a RB, it would someone who's already shown they can.

7 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

David Johnson caught 85 balls when Arians was in Arizona. Our RBs are gonna be a helluva lot more involved in the new offense. I would expect more "TD to checkdown" philosophies that actually have a checkdown option or two; lots of go routes with deep ins, crossing patterns, and RBs sliding out of the backfield underneath. I think the days of 'everyone run deep and Jameis has to chuck it no matter what' are gone.

Rojo sucks at catching the ball and he worked on it nonstop last year. ๐Ÿ˜‚ I'm still holding out hope that he'll figure it out. But you can tell he's not comfortable doing it since he's never really done it before in his career. That's not to say everybody who's never done it can't figure it out. But I think that if we do draft a RB, it would someone who's already shown they can.

Thats fine and dandyย  yet we have no one 2% near david johnson in the catching balls out of the backfield realm

if we draft a RB idc who it is as long as they have at least 1 thing they do well

Barber is mediocre at everything

Quizz -only thing he can do is run inside and catch an occasional check down for no yardage

Rojo - seems like trash at everything so far

if we helluva involve any of these guys the results are not going to be pretty

1 hour ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Thats fine and dandyย  yet we have no one 2% near david johnson in the catching balls out of the backfield realm

if we draft a RB idc who it is as long as they have at least 1 thing they do well

Barber is mediocre at everything

Quizz -only thing he can do is run inside and catch an occasional check down for no yardage

Rojo - seems like trash at everything so far

if we helluva involve any of these guys the results are not going to be pretty

Peyton Barber is actually pretty liked in coaching circles. I've read it a few times and PR brought it up again a week or so ago. And I get it. He's be an Earnest Graham type with a little wiggle. But he needs blocking up front.

Few teams in the NFL have a David Johnson type. He's a rare breed. We just need a guy whose hands are reliable.

2 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

ย 

only back i really want is Singletary from FAU or maybe Holyfield as a ground and pound guy

Jacobs is an elite prospect. There really isn't a weak spot in his game. If he would have gotten 200 touches this year, everyone would be fine with him being taken in the top-10. Most just haven't seen enough of him. Now again, I'm not saying we should take him, but I wouldn't be upset if we did. He is the only true difference maker I see at the RB position in this years draft.ย 

ย 

6 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Peyton Barber is actually pretty liked in coaching circles. I've read it a few times and PR brought it up again a week or so ago. And I get it. He's be an Earnest Graham type with a little wiggle. But he needs blocking up front.

Few teams in the NFL have a David Johnson type. He's a rare breed. We just need a guy whose hands are reliable.

He might be liked but hes not a difference makerย 

Hes a good backup , maybe

I dont want another Earnest Graham

If I wasnt a bucs fan I wouldn't even know who Earnest Graham is

5 hours ago, CHOMP_CHOMP said:

Jacobs is an elite prospect. There really isn't a weak spot in his game. If he would have gotten 200 touches this year, everyone would be fine with him being taken in the top-10. Most just haven't seen enough of him. Now again, I'm not saying we should take him, but I wouldn't be upset if we did. He is the only true difference maker I see at the RB position in this years draft.ย 

ย 

If Jacob's was somehow there at our 2nd round pic , I'd want him

Edited by BucsDraftGeek47

5 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

He might be liked but hes not a difference makerย 

Hes a good backup , maybe

I dont want another Earnest Graham

If I wasnt a bucs fan I wouldn't even know who Earnest Graham is

Everyone wants a Saquon Barkley or an Ezekiel Elliot. But they're hard to find.ย 

We just need a running game that can pick up third and short and run clock in the fourth quarter. Running the ball any other time is a waste. A decent line will help us toward that far more than any RB.

Barber is more than capable. But he can't get hit at the LOS 25% of the time anymore.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

Shaun Wilson might be the best RB on the roster. Just needs more reps. He has shown he is capable of doing it all and well at it. In limited PT