2019 Prospects thread.

Jimmy Austin

16 hours ago, ravishingone said:

I never thought Tim Tebow would be drafted in the first round.  Pretty confident Murray is going top 10.

Yah, if he's taken anywhere in the 1st round he essentially is gauranteed more money than his contract with the A's.

If he does slip out of 1st round, wouldn't shock me to see him pursue baseball instead. A's have left the door open.

4 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Murray interview process is going to be interesting.  Does he try and dictate who drafts him?  Baseball os still there.  Elway did the same thing coming out of Stanford.

Eli threw a fit when the Chargers drafted him instead of the Giants.

The problem now is that if Murray isn't a first round pick, then what? Are teams gonna avoid him for fear of him picking baseball instead? The farther down the draft Murray falls, the more likely it becomes that he's gonna run back to baseball.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

Eli threw a fit when the Chargers drafted him instead of the Giants.

The problem now is that if Murray isn't a first round pick, then what? Are teams gonna avoid him for fear of him picking baseball instead? The farther down the draft Murray falls, the more likely it becomes that he's gonna run back to baseball.

All of that, even a step further until he signs a clause in his rookie deal like Winston not to play baseball that is leverage.  In Winston s case going 1 overall the Bucs had those questions already answered.  The only team with that luxury now is the Cards.  Every other team has to assume that he ll want to come to their team.  He ll like the coaching staff and offensive scheme, which then he will agree to the baseball clause.  Pretty strong leap of faith by the GM who drafts him.

5 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

DT Jeff Simmons tore his ACL in pre draft workout today. He was considered a top 15 pick even with his off field incident...

If he's there in 2nd round now, it'd be hard to pass on him...

If we can afford to pull a Jaylon Smith and redshirt a 2nd round pick, sure. I only think that happens if we have 2 2nd round picks personally.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:
14 hours ago, Lil' Shorty said:

If we can afford to pull a Jaylon Smith and redshirt a 2nd round pick, sure. I only think that happens if we have 2 2nd round picks personally.

i agree with this

and only if the 2nd, 2nd round pick is in the middle of the round

It sounds like BA wants to turn things around quickly. I'd imagine that means Simmons is off our big board.

24 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

That's top 10 LT money.

Tyron Smith makes $12M per, for perspective.

All prices go up my friend.  Cap goes up, average salary goes up.  No doubt Tyron is more talented, but Donovan has been more durable by a wide margin.  Long term health granted it is hard to predict, Donovan looks like the more durable option.

2 hours ago, ravishingone said:

All prices go up my friend.  Cap goes up, average salary goes up.  No doubt Tyron is more talented, but Donovan has been more durable by a wide margin.  Long term health granted it is hard to predict, Donovan looks like the more durable option.

Oh, I know. The top paid guys are never the best. 

• Like 1

the closer we get to the  draft and analyze more prospects the more i see guys that are falling i think we should trade back for

if Quinnen Williams and Josh Allen are (also Bosa) are gone

i think we should trade down and target :

Greedy

Murphy

Oliver

Jacobs

Polite

Taylor

Jonah

^ if we can get a second first

if we can only get a second or third 2nd then :

Simmons