Jump to content
Jimmy Austin

2019 Prospects thread.

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, ravishingone said:

I never thought Tim Tebow would be drafted in the first round.  Pretty confident Murray is going top 10.

Yah, if he's taken anywhere in the 1st round he essentially is gauranteed more money than his contract with the A's.

If he does slip out of 1st round, wouldn't shock me to see him pursue baseball instead. A's have left the door open.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Murray interview process is going to be interesting.  Does he try and dictate who drafts him?  Baseball os still there.  Elway did the same thing coming out of Stanford.

Eli threw a fit when the Chargers drafted him instead of the Giants.

The problem now is that if Murray isn't a first round pick, then what? Are teams gonna avoid him for fear of him picking baseball instead? The farther down the draft Murray falls, the more likely it becomes that he's gonna run back to baseball.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

Eli threw a fit when the Chargers drafted him instead of the Giants.

The problem now is that if Murray isn't a first round pick, then what? Are teams gonna avoid him for fear of him picking baseball instead? The farther down the draft Murray falls, the more likely it becomes that he's gonna run back to baseball.

All of that, even a step further until he signs a clause in his rookie deal like Winston not to play baseball that is leverage.  In Winston s case going 1 overall the Bucs had those questions already answered.  The only team with that luxury now is the Cards.  Every other team has to assume that he ll want to come to their team.  He ll like the coaching staff and offensive scheme, which then he will agree to the baseball clause.  Pretty strong leap of faith by the GM who drafts him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DT Jeff Simmons tore his ACL in pre draft workout today. He was considered a top 15 pick even with his off field incident...

If he's there in 2nd round now, it'd be hard to pass on him...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

DT Jeff Simmons tore his ACL in pre draft workout today. He was considered a top 15 pick even with his off field incident...

If he's there in 2nd round now, it'd be hard to pass on him...

If we can afford to pull a Jaylon Smith and redshirt a 2nd round pick, sure. I only think that happens if we have 2 2nd round picks personally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Lil' Shorty said:

If we can afford to pull a Jaylon Smith and redshirt a 2nd round pick, sure. I only think that happens if we have 2 2nd round picks personally.

i agree with this

and only if the 2nd, 2nd round pick is in the middle of the round

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:
14 hours ago, Lil' Shorty said:

If we can afford to pull a Jaylon Smith and redshirt a 2nd round pick, sure. I only think that happens if we have 2 2nd round picks personally.

i agree with this

and only if the 2nd, 2nd round pick is in the middle of the round

It sounds like BA wants to turn things around quickly. I'd imagine that means Simmons is off our big board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they sign him lomg term, they could cut him in 2 yrs without penalty.  Might be worth it to save the 2 million since they are committed to keeping him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

That's top 10 LT money.

Tyron Smith makes $12M per, for perspective.

All prices go up my friend.  Cap goes up, average salary goes up.  No doubt Tyron is more talented, but Donovan has been more durable by a wide margin.  Long term health granted it is hard to predict, Donovan looks like the more durable option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Franchise him and make him prove he's a legit LT and ascending. If he shows that, we can approach him with an extension or franchise him again.

We're in the driver's seat in this...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ravishingone said:

All prices go up my friend.  Cap goes up, average salary goes up.  No doubt Tyron is more talented, but Donovan has been more durable by a wide margin.  Long term health granted it is hard to predict, Donovan looks like the more durable option.

Oh, I know. The top paid guys are never the best. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the closer we get to the  draft and analyze more prospects the more i see guys that are falling i think we should trade back for

if Quinnen Williams and Josh Allen are (also Bosa) are gone

i think we should trade down and target :

Greedy

Murphy

Oliver

Jacobs

Polite

Taylor

Jonah

^ if we can get a second first

if we can only get a second or third 2nd then :

Simmons 

Adderly

Devin Bush

Lindstrom 

Dillard

Deiter

Singletary

 

just imo

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×