2019 Prospects thread.

Jimmy Austin

I mean where we will be picking, I would expect most of the top secondary guys to be available. 

Greedy Williams - LSU 

Julian Love - Notre Dame 

DeAndre Baker - Georgia 

Trevon Diggs - Alabama 

Deionte Thompson - Alabama 

Defensive line is absolutely loaded with talent this year, and would expect a stud to fall at some point. 

• 2 weeks later...

He's got a little of that Derek-Carr-drops-his-eyes-under-pressure syndrome going on. But his arm can make every throw. There's no doubt he's got all the physical talent. He's about as immobile as a Manning though. Maybe a little faster. But he protects his body. He runs some pro concepts. They're simple but he does go through progressions from time to time and does so pretty well. He'd probably transition into our offense right now fairly easily, since tOSU runs a vertical offense with a ton of screens.

All that said he needs another year.

13 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

He's got a little of that Derek-Carr-drops-his-eyes-under-pressure syndrome going on. But his arm can make every throw. There's no doubt he's got all the physical talent. He's about as immobile as a Manning though. Maybe a little faster. But he protects his body. He runs some pro concepts. They're simple but he does go through progressions from time to time and does so pretty well. He'd probably transition into our offense right now fairly easily, since tOSU runs a vertical offense with a ton of screens.

All that said he needs another year.

He s probably going to get a 1st round grade from the advisory board.  I m never going to begrudge a guy coming out and taking the money.  Really strong arm with pretty tight mechanics with his throwing motion and lower body is going to have scouts really looking.  He ll be 22 by next season.  I know the whole RS sophomore argument could come up, but I think he gone after the Michigan game.

Just now, ravishingone said:

He s probably going to get a 1st round grade from the advisory board.  I m never going to begrudge a guy coming out and taking the money.  Really strong arm with pretty tight mechanics with his throwing motion and lower body is going to have scouts really looking.  He ll be 22 by next season.  I know the whole RS sophomore argument could come up, but I think he gone after the Michigan game.

Maybe. Playing QB at tOSU has been his dream since he was like seven. There's a chance he returns. But in a weak QB class and with millions of dollars on the line, he could just as easily declare. Like you said, in this class he probably gets a first round grade.

15 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Maybe. Playing QB at tOSU has been his dream since he was like seven. There's a chance he returns. But in a weak QB class and with millions of dollars on the line, he could just as easily declare. Like you said, in this class he probably gets a first round grade.

What s interesting since '08, there has been only one draft where there hasn t been at least 2 QBs selected.  Pretty confident Haskins would be ranked no lower then QB2 no matter who comes out.  I agree there is a chance he stays, but I would advise him to go.  

8 hours ago, indifference said:

Call the Raiders about Carr. Give them a second and trade back with the first pick. 

Dotson, Benenoch can be replaced by rookies next year. Dotty isnt bad by any means so maybe we keep him. Think we should get a DE in the first if we can pull off a Carr trade. 

I can t take that Carr contract fot 25 million.  Right now, he looks intimidated by the rush and is running into sacks or checking it down.  He s basically playing like a younger, more athletic Eli.  I would not trade any assets for Carr.

1 minute ago, ravishingone said:

I can t take that Carr contract fot 25 million.  Right now, he looks intimidated by the rush and is running into sacks or checking it down.  He s basically playing like a younger, more athletic Eli.  I would not trade any assets for Carr.

Which was a concern when he came out.

36 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Which was a concern when he came out.

It s a tough situation for Carr, but if someone is unwilling to give Winston 20 million for 1 yr under the direction of a new regime to figure it out, why is Carr 25 million, and giving up a significant asset better? 

Right now, it is a tricky situation.  In reference to the upcoming draft, there is nobody in the NFL who could possibly be available I would give up a day 1 or 2 pick.  I would rather take my chances improving the roster with those assets.

Edited by ravishingone

8 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

I’d be interested in foles, Flacco and Teddy B in the offseason. Three of them will be available. 

Flacco still has a lot of dead money on his contract; $16M for 2019 and $8M in 2020. I don't know if he'd get it all if cut in 2019 or only get the $16M. But they'd save $10.5M.