2019 Prospects thread.

Jimmy Austin

5 hours ago, Lil' Shorty said:

I think we all agree that the trenches need to get better. McCoy on the roster or not, if the top DE or two like Bosa is off the board but Ed Oliver is on the board at our pick, do we take him since he is kind of a DT/DE hybrid?

Pass on Oliver. We need pass rushers and his sack totals in college are a red flag to me. We need help at CB and OT as well so I’d look that direction.

8 hours ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

been thinking this forever now, just sucks, I was so upset draft day...

as for Grier, I think it is a bit of a stretch that he would fall to us in the 2nd

what ever happened to Bryce love ? is he still good idk I don't watch much college we need a RB in the worst way, Barber hasn't even cracked 400 rushing yards in 8 games, not saying its a bigger need than CB, OL, DL but still

Love is having injury issues mixed with teams completely keying in on him every time he's out there. 3rd to 4th round pick in my opinion. He's an amazing RB but not a 3 down back and I'd be concerned about getting hurt in the NFL.

He was 1/4 on deep passes. All three incompletions were dropped. One in the endzone, the other two would've been TDs. His receivers are bad. Lots of drops and they're all bad after the catch. More than once his receivers ran routes short of the sticks on third down.

He had three bad passes; one picked off. His INT was into the face of an untouched blitzer that got tipped. He threw late to the outside and it was dropped. He forced one into the middle, where there were four defenders. It was dropped too.

He stepped up in the pocket well and kept his eyes down field. He always looked to throw, which (apparently) wasn't the case last year. He also slides out of the pocket well and throws well on the run.

He's got decent speed. Like a bigger Mayfield. Not a blazer but it's effective.

Dude's got a cannon. The ball gets to its destination fast. He can throw from the hash mark to the opposite sideline on a rope.

When he rolls out he takes a little stutter step to turn his hips and shoulders and he throws a nice ball. I don't know how that'll work with smaller windows in the NFL. But it's hard to knock a guy making accurate throws.

You can see why he's being talked about.

23 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

He was 1/4 on deep passes. All three incompletions were dropped. One in the endzone, the other two would've been TDs. His receivers are bad. Lots of drops and they're all bad after the catch. More than once his receivers ran routes short of the sticks on third down.

He had three bad passes; one picked off. His INT was into the face of an untouched blitzer that got tipped. He threw late to the outside and it was dropped. He forced one into the middle, where there were four defenders. It was dropped too.

He stepped up in the pocket well and kept his eyes down field. He always looked to throw, which (apparently) wasn't the case last year. He also slides out of the pocket well and throws well on the run.

He's got decent speed. Like a bigger Mayfield. Not a blazer but it's effective.

Dude's got a cannon. The ball gets to its destination fast. He can throw from the hash mark to the opposite sideline on a rope.

When he rolls out he takes a little stutter step to turn his hips and shoulders and he throws a nice ball. I don't know how that'll work with smaller windows in the NFL. But it's hard to knock a guy making accurate throws.

You can see why he's being talked about.

^ He's got a pretty slow release. 

He had a Jameis play in this one. He threw up a prayer while getting sacked and it was picked off. He looked worse in this win than he did in the loss against VaTech.

He flips his shoulders really quickly from playaction. 

His oline was awful. He got hit and sacked a bunch. There's one play where he points out the CB blitz and the CB beats his LT for the strip. 😂 His roll outs are slow. I don't know if that's by design or just him.

He throws darts without having to step into it. He did it against VaTech too.

He fumbled a handoff and dropped the ball in the pocket and got stripped.

He should've been perfect on deep balls again but his receivers dropped them. His deep ball looks like an overthrow on each one and drops in perfectly.

He does have a bit of a wind up. But it's not as bad as Jameis' was when he came out. He should be able to tighten it up.

If this is the only game you watch of him, you're probably not gonna come away very impressed.

His deep ball is B-E-A-UTIFUL. Hot damn. He drops dimes all over the place. His only miss in the three games I watched was in this one. He was hit as he threw and his receiver wasn't looking because of contact. It probably should've been a completion. He should be like 9/10 or 10/11 on deep balls in these three games. Koetter would need baggier pants watching this. 🤤

He takes a little hop step or pats the ball like Stafford before throwing quite a bit. He's pretty accurate when he does it but like I said earlier, I don't know if that'll fly in the NFL. That split second combined with the split second in his little wind up could be disastrous in the NFL.

He slides in the pocket pretty well. But sometimes he has heavy feet when trying to escape the rush. Which I don't get. He frequently evades the rush and finds his throwing lanes. Then it looks like he's stomping through mud and he gets caught.

If this is the only game of his you watch, I can't imagine how you wouldn't come away impressed.

2 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

My very broad view of the draft is simple.  Bucs will probably be picking in the top 10, so I m focusing on 2  positions.  Pass rusher and LT.  On pass rusher depends if it is 4-3 or 3-4.  They need to control the LOS better.

We won’t be able to fill everything obviously but if we get control of the LOS it will make a world of difference in my opinion. I’d probably take a franchise LT top 10 over another DL tbh. Gotta protect the blind side.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

We won’t be able to fill everything obviously but if we get control of the LOS it will make a world of difference in my opinion. I’d probably take a franchise LT top 10 over another DL tbh. Gotta protect the blind side.

Yes, I agree with you.  I held out hope for D Smith, but his feet are too slow to protect the corner.  I can t have another guy making over 10 million from this line with the lack of a running game and the QB pressures given.  It s not a positive that our QBs have 5 rushing attempts or more per game.  Oline not getting it done.