Eliminator Challenge - Where we've all lost by week 3

Forge

Of course, the Vikings get blown out by the worst team in NFL at home >:(

This has been one of the worst and most backward sports weekends I can remember:

• Hokies get destroyed by Old Dominion University, then dismiss their best pass rusher, lose their starting QB indefinitely, and get dropped from the rankings
  • My Mariners officially get eliminated from the MLB playoffs from the stupid Athletics and their dumb, improbable season
  • Jimmy G's left leg dies, along with the Niner's season

.....all in a matter of two days...

Sometimes, I wonder why I care about sports so much when the lows can be so soul-crushingly low. 

31 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Of course, the Vikings get blown out by the worst team in NFL at home >:(

This has been one of the worst and most backward sports weekends I can remember:

• Hokies get destroyed by Old Dominion University, then dismiss their best pass rusher, lose their starting QB indefinitely, and get dropped from the rankings
  • My Mariners officially get eliminated from the MLB playoffs from the stupid Athletics and their dumb, improbable season
  • Jimmy G's left leg dies, along with the Niner's season

.....all in a matter of two days...

Sometimes, I wonder why I care about sports so much when the lows can be so soul-crushingly low. 

This really has been a shocking weekend of sports...beginning with Mayfield's debut Thursday.

Sorry about your Hokies, especially. Who saw that coming. :S

3 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

This really has been a shocking weekend of sports...beginning with Mayfield's debut Thursday.

Sorry about your Hokies, especially. Who saw that coming. :S

It's probably the worst loss in school history or at least one of the top three losses. With the way this weekend went, I should've changed my pick last night from the Patriots to the Lions. Right before the game, I had a feeling that the Patriots would lose.

21 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

It's probably the worst loss in school history or at least one of the top three losses. With the way this weekend went, I should've changed my pick last night from the Patriots to the Lions. Right before the game, I had a feeling that the Patriots would lose.

Yes, and my Sooners had to go to OT to survive a scare from Army! Yikes.

3 minutes ago, Chrissooner49er said:

Yes, and my Sooners had to go to OT to survive a scare from Army! Yikes.

Every year, we all think we can look at a schedule and determine standings and rankings, and every year, that notion goes right out the window within the first month of the season. Football, especially the NFL is so unpredictable because of how close in talent each team is.

Archived