Green Bay Pre-Game Hype

dll2000

I think McCarthy and Gute are re-doing the offensive talent in order to deal with the Vikings defense, and I think that will work well against the Bears defense as well.

I agree, I think it is likely Mack will be on a pitch count, so to speak.

I would guess Packers 34, Bears 17.

Packers are going to put up a 50 burger on da Bearse. Trubisky is going to become the second coming of Jay Cutler and throw 4 "completions" to us. 

Packers - 51

da Bearse - 3

Packers 34

Bears 6

Patriots nothing 

Our defense will be better than many suspect and our offense is going to start slower.

GB: 24

CHI: 16

Yep, I am fully expecting 2+ INTs this game. Offensively, our run game struggles a little without Jones and Adams has a big game. 

31-16 Packers 

Packers fans are over confident.  They are big favorites, but really they shouldn't be expecting blow out.  Upset would be so sweet.

Enjoy 2018 buttinski's it will be your last year of competitive football for awhile as Rogers ages out and Bears ascend.  Kizer is not the next great QB in line.  You have to get real lucky again in draft again in near future.  

Let's go!!!!!!!!

What is your excitement level for this season as opposed to last season?

Our threads last year at this time were all Glennon needs to play so MT can sit and learn vs. play MT now so he can learn by playing.  I was firmly in latter camp by the way.  

Everyone except most crazy optimistic knew we were going to absolutely suck offensively either way especially after Meredith went down.

Team still has a lot of growing pains, but talent levels are so just much higher now.  Exciting stuff.

My family is so not into sports.  I come running into where they are and I'm, "Bears got Khalil Mack!!!!  They got Mack!!!  I can't believe it!!!"

Wife: Who is Cletus Mack?  

Daughter: Are Bears baseball?

Me: (Sigh.)  Khalil.  Cletus is goofy deputy from Dukes of Hazard.  Bears are football.  (Walk out of room).

I'm being cautiously optimistic about this game and the Bears 2018 season overall.  Reason being is that we've all seen this kind of preseason hype before only to be left disappointed.  

Fact is Packers still have ARod who has owned the Bears for most if not all his career.  Going to be real tough to de-throne an elite QB like him when he's still playing at a high level.

The defense will be competitive for sure but I need to see more out of Mitch and the entire offense before I'm a big believer that this team can challenge for the division this year.

Before the Mack trade I had them at 7 wins, so we'll see if that changes.  I like the direction this team is headed but I think we need to all pump the brakes a little and not expect the world this season.

GB - 20

CHI - 17

Packers 30-24

Bears have a 24-23 lead but Rodgers gets an under-2-minute TD to seal it.

Mack plays a handful of snaps and gets 0.5 sacks. The Bears hyped D only gets 2 sacks in all.

Trubisky 19-30, 213 yards, 2 TD’s, 1 INT

Howard 17 carries, 83 yards, 1 TD

Trevathan gets the lone Bears takeaway

Rogers hasn't owned the Bears, the Bears have just plain sucked for most of his career.

Lots of QBs owned them.

Rogers gets too much love nationally and from Bears fans.  He's a very good player, but he isn't Brady or Manning or even Favre for that matter.

He's Roethlisberger, maybe a little better.

I think this will be a close game but the Packers take it. I don't think this team  has had enough time to really gel together for it to be as good as I expect. I think this team will be much sharper in the second match up with the Packers. 

20-13 Packers. 

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

Rogers hasn't owned the Bears, the Bears have just plain sucked for most of his career.

Lots of QBs owned them.

Rogers gets too much love nationally and from Bears fans.  He's a very good player, but he isn't Brady or Manning or even Favre for that matter.

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

I think he's actually better than all of them and Brees. He rarely makes mistakes and his mobility is deadly. His only weakness is he doesn't take risks when the game is on the line and he needs to throw a couple of 50/50 balls. 

The way you have response displayed is like I said it.

For one or two seasons he was unbelievable.  Threw on target lasers that couldn't be defended even if you were right there in coverage.

Mostly now he extends plays in pockets so guys can break open and makes good decisions.  But ball doesn't have same zip like it did during those years.

He isn't going to drop 40 on you carving you like Brady or masterminding a game like Manning could at times. 

He just isn't that scary.  Not my bogey man.  He is getting old now.  Still good, but waning.

34 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Lots of QBs owned them.

Strongly disagree. He’s the most talented QB I’ve ever seen and maybe my favorite player to watch in the NFL. While the argument could be “then take less money!!” the talent around him has been very mediocre for years. He is a great, great player.

I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again: the Packers are a first-class organization with a great history, but their fans under the age of about 35 are completely intolerable. They don’t know what it means to lose. Their idea of a trainwreck of a season is 9-7. They don’t know what it’s like to have to put faith in a QB. They don’t know what it’s like to hope their team can put it all together.

They’re like rich teenagers who get a sports car bought for them by mommy and daddy and can’t figure out why everybody else doesn’t have one.

I can’t wait for the day when the Packers are total joke of a franchise again, like they were post-Lombardi and pre-Favre. When that team finally strings together a three-win season, I’m going to be totally ruthless in reminding their fans how much their team sucks.

The general consensus is the Packers are aging and descending while the Vikings and Bears are ascending. Even if the Packers beat the Bears and go on to win the division we know history tells us they will choke in the playoffs. Two Championships with two HOF QB's in 25 years is not getting it done. We should all be thankful that their front office stinks and that McCarthy has coached them as long as he has.

40 minutes ago, dafreak said:

The general consensus is the Packers are aging and descending while the Vikings and Bears are ascending. Even if the Packers beat the Bears and go on to win the division we know history tells us they will choke in the playoffs. Two Championships with two HOF QB's in 25 years is not getting it done. We should all be thankful that their front office stinks and that McCarthy has coached them as long as he has.

I think that is a very fair point...to have Favre then Rodgers and only 2 titles to show for it is poor management...no team in the NFL would suffer so badly as the Packers if Rodgers goes down...he truly is a superstar and he makes everyone around him better...without them they are nothing.

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

I think that is a very fair point...to have Favre then Rodgers and only 2 titles to show for it is poor management...no team in the NFL would suffer so badly as the Packers if Rodgers goes down...he truly is a superstar and he makes everyone around him better...without them they are nothing.

I wouldn't say nothing. Maybe .500 if we are lucky but they are not the Browns without Rodgers. That's a common misconception that just needs to die. There is a lot of talent that goes unheard of when talking about the Packers because Rodgers overshadows the whole team (not that that's a bad thing). We have one the best tackle combos in the league, our D-Line is pretty damn good, Martinez had a breakout year at ILB and doesn't seem to get any love., and Idon't care if people don't believe me but Davante Adams is going to be a true #1 receiver and it wouldn't surprise me by the end of next year if hes in contention for top 10 in the game. 

Last year Packers were killed by stacked injuries in the secondary. We ended up starting Lenzy Pipkins who was released this year. Davon House was our #1 CB (Now #4). Not saying the defense is going to be some juggernaut this year but they have some talent albeit young and mostly unproven. 

Archived