Green Bay Pre-Game Hype

dll2000

4 hours ago, JustAnotherFan said:

If we beat the spread, I'll be happy and drunk. If we win, I'll be ecstatic and extremely drunk.  

After one of those 2014 Trestman prime time games, I went to work the next morning, spent four hours quietly sitting in the dark, then took a 90 minute lunch.

I was still pouring pints off of the kegerator with 5 minutes to play in the 4th quarter.

25 minutes ago, IronMike84 said:

After one of those 2014 Trestman prime time games, I went to work the next morning, spent four hours quietly sitting in the dark, then took a 90 minute lunch.

I was still pouring pints off of the kegerator with 5 minutes to play in the 4th quarter.

Haha. Damn I don't think I was that bad but I hear ya though. 

At the time I had to travel alot and sometimes stay at the same workplace for a few months and this time was only about 30 miles outside Detroit. When I first got there I would walk in wearing my bomber with the huge Bears head on the back and so ofcourse I would catch flack for it. That didn't last too long after they had to hear me raging and ranting about this team every time it was brought up. It got to a point they could see the fiery in my eyes every morning after a game and it became kind of a running joke to not even bring up the Bears at all around me - don't even get him started. 

Such a frustrating time. 

On 9/5/2018 at 4:07 PM, dll2000 said:

Rogers gets too much love nationally and from Bears fans.  He's a very good player, but he isn't Brady or Manning or even Favre for that matter.

He's Roethlisberger, maybe a little better.

Man I don't agree here... Aaron Rodgers is the best QB I have ever seen in my lifetime. Best meaning he has made plays and throws that I don't think any other QB in the league could have made with the same consistency.

I hate him because he's a Packer, but as a football fan and lover of the QB position... he's a blast to watch.

49 minutes ago, G08 said:

Man I don't agree here... Aaron Rodgers is the best QB I have ever seen in my lifetime. Best meaning he has made plays and throws that I don't think any other QB in the league could have made with the same consistency.

I hate him because he's a Packer, but as a football fan and lover of the QB position... he's a blast to watch.

I'd only put Brady and Peyton ahead of him definitively, just because of his constant precision and processing. Otherwise Rodgers is my number 3 all time.

57 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I'd only put Brady and Peyton ahead of him definitively, just because of his constant precision and processing. Otherwise Rodgers is my number 3 all time.

I've never liked Brady. Don't know what it is... a big part of me believes he wouldn't be anything special without Bill Belichick. I respect his work ethic and how he improved his arm strength and throwing mechanics once he entered the league... but you put him on the Bears and I don't think we suddenly become a Super Bowl team last season.

Living in Boston for 4 years certainly didn't help... my buddies were convinced I was going to get stabbed after they lost their first Super Bowl to the Giants. My good God was I loud and running my mouth all game xD

3 minutes ago, G08 said:

I've never liked Brady. Don't know what it is... a big part of me believes he wouldn't be anything special without Bill Belichick. I respect his work ethic and how he improved his arm strength and throwing mechanics once he entered the league... but you put him on the Bears and I don't think we suddenly become a Super Bowl team last season.

Living in Boston for 4 years certainly didn't help... my buddies were convinced I was going to get stabbed after they lost their first Super Bowl to the Giants. My good God was I loud and running my mouth all game xD

I'm the opposite, I think Bill has been given a massive crutch in Brady. Bill has been lucky to get him and an OC that is a top tier mind while being an unlikable a**hat that can't commit to a franchise elsewhere. He can keep working the defense while Brady makes everything else easy for him come gametime. He can tell his defense "We have to keep them under 27 points" and still win the damn game.

I remember the Giants win. Not really much after that but I assume it went well. lol

14 minutes ago, G08 said:

Belichick’s a defensive coach, no?

6 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I'm the opposite, I think Bill has been given a massive crutch in Brady. Bill has been lucky to get him and an OC that is a top tier mind while being an unlikable a**hat that can't commit to a franchise elsewhere. He can keep working the defense while Brady makes everything else easy for him come gametime. He can tell his defense "We have to keep them under 27 points" and still win the damn game.

I remember the Giants win. Not really much after that but I assume it went well. lol

In Brady's career, he had a top 10 defense 15 of his 18 seasons.

That's insane and insanely lucky.

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

Belichick’s a defensive coach, no?

Belichick is a God. He has his hands in every single facet of that team... don't think for one second it wasn't him implementing Chip Kelly's up tempo offense before the NFL copied.

1 minute ago, G08 said:

In Brady's career, he had a top 10 defense 15 of his 18 seasons.

That's insane and insanely lucky.

Part lucky, part design.

When you are going to average 27+ PPG over a season (they have done it the last 8 years straight) you force teams to try to be aggressive and primarily pass on you. When the defense is geared toward that, you put yourself in a favorable position - the offense becomes predictable. It was much of the same in IND under Manning. They had a fast, undersized unit because they were going to score a lot, and you were going to have to try to keep up. So they got Freeney, Mathis, and Co to constantly get to pin their ears back.

Difference is BB has been a hell of a GM and DC for NE (IDC who has the actual title, Bill owns that defense). He gets to just add talent for Brady and McDaniels to control the offense. He can wash his hands of that side and count on being a top 5 scoring offense every...damn...year.

Archived