Green Bay Pre-Game Hype

dll2000

36 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Atl and Phil, both SB contenders, looked like hot garbage last night offensively.

If they would have played starters more in game 3 of pre season that would not have been the case.

Spicy!

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

Atl and Phil, both SB contenders, looked like hot garbage last night offensively.

If they would have played starters more in game 3 of pre season that would not have been the case.

What a dumb thing to say.

Anyway, can we merge this thread into the week 1 game thread?

31 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

What a dumb thing to say.

Anyway, can we merge this thread into the week 1 game thread?

I'll never understand how people don't think more reps for players is a good and valuable thing. There's a reason teams, especially offenses, get better and more efficient as the season progresses. 

On 9/5/2018 at 7:14 PM, dafreak said:

The general consensus is the Packers are aging and descending while the Vikings and Bears are ascending. Even if the Packers beat the Bears and go on to win the division we know history tells us they will choke in the playoffs. Two Championships with two HOF QB's in 25 years is not getting it done. We should all be thankful that their front office stinks and that McCarthy has coached them as long as he has.

And one superbowl in Franchise history is "getting it done"?

On 9/5/2018 at 5:07 PM, dll2000 said:

Rogers hasn't owned the Bears, the Bears have just plain sucked for most of his career.

Lots of QBs owned them.

Rogers gets too much love nationally and from Bears fans.  He's a very good player, but he isn't Brady or Manning or even Favre for that matter.

He's Roethlisberger, maybe a little better.

I came in to see what the hype was but you cannot be serious with this comment.  Rodgers is better than all three of them.  He's Roethlisberger???  Seriously?   I get they have only won one Super Bowl with Rodgers but that is a team accomplishment.  Tell me something any of those guys do better than Rodgers.  

On 9/5/2018 at 8:14 PM, dafreak said:

The general consensus is the Packers are aging and descending while the Vikings and Bears are ascending. Even if the Packers beat the Bears and go on to win the division we know history tells us they will choke in the playoffs. Two Championships with two HOF QB's in 25 years is not getting it done. We should all be thankful that their front office stinks and that McCarthy has coached them as long as he has.

The Packers are the third youngest team in the league.  They have an aging star or two but you need better data.  

10 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

With three of the greatest QBs of all time...compared to Chicago who has had what one...difference should be much greater in fairness.

The Bears have put more people into the HOF than any other team yet they only have 1 Super Bowl victory.  Should be more with all the talent they've had.

1 hour ago, G08 said:

I'll never understand how people don't think more reps for players is a good and valuable thing. There's a reason teams, especially offenses, get better and more efficient as the season progresses. 

No, even though practices (especislly full contact) have been limited by the 2011 CBA they can still prepare the exact same way, just as well...9_9

There of course is a risk to it, but you CAN'T simulate everything like a game in practice. 

Some teams will look sluggish, some will start hot. But an OL that has gelled in real game reps likely helps protect the QB better. Pettine does a good job of scheming blitzes so hopefully Nagy and HH find a way to keep him clean. 

2 hours ago, eyecatcher said:

The Bears have put more people into the HOF than any other team yet they only have 1 Super Bowl victory.  Should be more with all the talent they've had.

No one said we shouldn't have but had we had a run of QBs you guys have had I have no doubt we would have won more than 13 championships...it's not like the Packers have never put anyone else in the hall either.

Eli Manning has 2 superbowls. Does nobody want to talk about how important luck is in this sport? Peyton Manning should have way more rings than 2 if you ask me, but it's the way the things worked out. 

Rodgers has played lights out for nearly his entire career. I don't see GB being able to do much of anything better around him expect sign more FAs. We can say draft more stars but that would be the same statement for any other franchise.

Archived