comparing the 2018 jags d to the 2000 ravens d

LinderFournette

8 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

id argue we have the better secondary and DL. they got us at LBer with boulware and Lewis over Jacobs and Jack. 

It is slightly apples n oranges though because the game was so much more physical back then so its hard to really compare. We could be very physical but nowadays its a 15 yard penalty

On 9/6/2018 at 7:19 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

It is slightly apples n oranges though because the game was so much more physical back then so its hard to really compare. We could be very physical but nowadays its a 15 yard penalty

i think our defense plays physical within the flagging limits in this age. i think our defense could play even more physical were the rules about physicality were reduced.

I disagree with that assessment of Starks > Bouye.  And while I'll agree that we have more playmakers on our defense, Lewis was a legit MVP candidate in that defense. JaguarsCrazy is right...it was ridiculously difficult to move against that Ravens D and they are more stout vs. the run. Which IMO, makes them more stout than our current team. But as have been mentioned also, we're playing under different rules that favor the offense. I feel pretty confident that if Jalen and AJ are allowed to be as physical as Starks (and especially McAllister) were allowed to play, our secondary would even be more dangerous. Likewise, I don't think McAllister does as well in today's rules. He is a true bump-n-run guy vs. a shadow-and-run type of guy.

Archived