Saints waive RB Boston Scott

Dome

A versatile rookie running back is one of Sean Payton's favorites, and he cut him??? When they cut Moore and Jamerson I was a bit confused, but I figured it was for Sean to find more room for his offensive guys.......and then he cuts Boston Scott??????

I think it speaks to how deep the roster is that some of the rookies aren't making the team, but this move makes no sense to me. We are already thin at running back, and Scott is a dynamic  player at a position in which we need all the help we can get for the first few weeks of the season. This is a bad move.

I'm so damn confused right now.

Brees hasn't played more than 1.5 quarters of preseason, so he's rusty. We have a "released" RB in Gillisee (whatever spelling) and Kamara, and that's it? Gilli.....? is unproven by us, and certainly couldn't prove himself in NE, we ditch the RB that we all thought would make the 53, then ditch his back up, and then ditch Sproles 2.0?

Thank God we're 3 deep on every O-line position. They may need to play RB!!

2 hours ago, JMG5 said:

He cleared waivers and they're going to sign him to the practice squad.

THANK GOD!

So we can match anyone that tries to sign him. That HAS to be the plan. HAS to be. Such a risk to waive him, I have a lot of faith in this guy. Not the receiver that we're looking for from our RBs, but I think he's an underrated runner.

On 9/6/2018 at 7:53 PM, Mid Iowa said:

I'm so damn confused right now.

Brees hasn't played more than 1.5 quarters of preseason, so he's rusty. We have a "released" RB in Gillisee (whatever spelling) and Kamara, and that's it? Gilli.....? is unproven by us, and certainly couldn't prove himself in NE, we ditch the RB that we all thought would make the 53, then ditch his back up, and then ditch Sproles 2.0?

Thank God we're 3 deep on every O-line position. They may need to play RB!!

Rereading this, it doesn't make much sense.

What I was trying to convey is: Brees is rusty, so you'd think we'd be relying more on the run game, much like we did last season, yet the running game has 1 proven guy, and 1 question mark, and that's it! So it's quite confusing.

I wonder if the brass isn't taking Tampa serious without Winston.

I feel like we're staring at a loss for our season opener. Our defense looked like crap in preseason, and our offense............. we haven't even seen them.

Archived