Return To The Glory Hole (Need Your Input!)

D82

6 hours ago, The_Slamman said:

The very best thing you could do to increase activity would be to create a "general" forum for each division.  For example, each team in the NFC East has its own forum.  To talk about a division team we either go in their forum or post in general.  I'll be honest with you... 99% of us HATE posting in NFL general.  If you were to run a poll in here on the following:

What is the worst?

1.  Blue Balls

2.  Kidney stones

3.  Hemorrhoids

4.  Posting in NFL General

im telling you... posting in NFL general would probably win that poll (and to borrow a line from NFL General... it wouldn't even be close).

if you create a general forum for each division, IMO, you would quadruple the activity in the offseason.

the options should look like this...

NFC East Discussion Forum

Dallas Cowboys 

New York Giants

Philadelphia Eagles

Washington Redskins

so if the redskins are playing another team and I'm watching the game, I would post about it in an NFCE general forum.  Just being honest... I would probably never post about in the NFL General Forum.  

This part @Hockey5djh. Creating a Division Room.

35 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Division forum sounds like a hellva idea.

If you were going to do this, there would have to be some relaxed standards on the trolling rules.  I mean it would basically be a forum to trash talk fans of your division teams.  

Just now, MKnight82 said:

If you were going to do this, there would have to be some relaxed standards on the trolling rules.  I mean it would basically be a forum to trash talk fans of your division teams.  

I think we can be the test-unit for Webby. If NFC East Fans can not kill each other, the rest of the Divisions should be fine.

ivolunteerastribute.gif

Its an interesting idea.  I can think of several reasons why it might work:

- A lot of posters get mad when opposing fans come into the gameday thread within a team's forum.  You could have a joint gameday thread in the division forum for posters to mingle together while keeping the team's gameday thread primarily just for fans of that team.  

- If NFCE teams aren't playing each other that week there could be a NFCE general gameday thread for fans of the different teams to talk.  

- Pretty much all of the NFCE forums have a division thread anyways, but its tedious having to go to all 4 forums.  

- The NFL General Forum has a pretty bad reputation.  People might be willing to join more generalized game discussion with a smaller group (i.e. just posters from their division).  

I was having wonderful dreams of Carson ripping apart the Cowboy's secondary and you wake me up for this!? ;) (is the winky face not exactly right, or is that just me?)

Honeslty cowboy bros, I NEVER go to NFL General. I post in Philly sport threads almost exclusively and it's really all I need. We made an NFC East thread in our forum years ago and that's pretty much what you're talking about. The thread has been successful. A lot of chatter and banter with rival fans. Now, however, that is pretty much used for NFC East visitors to come and talk about their team's in relation to the Eagles. But I don't think I'd visit a forum just to read what a Cowboy fan thinks about an out of division Giant game, for example. This is just my opinion though. I can see a lot of our guys going in and discussing news and particular games though. 

The reason why FF is successful is because discussion rarely devolves into basic name calling and chest pounding like it does on FB and other discussion sites. And if it does, it's policed. To have a consistent debate, there's really no room for it. We all like to rib each other but I think we all understand what is and isn't over the line. And that comes with familiarity. But, moderators are key and as long as it's not too strict, posters should feel like they get good, intelligent conversation without the fear of childish outbursts. We have our own TAST's to kind of unwind. And I think it's important to have that and keep it at a long leash. 

Im not exactly sure how to drum up more activity for specific teams. Some have a bigger fan following than others but the Cowboys have a significant base and shouldn't have much problem comping up with content. IMO, our moderators, especially recently, @Phire and @Kiltman have been on the ball with linking news stories and really anything that would be deemed interesting when it comes to the Eagles. Every time I visit, which is often, there's something else to read or another opinion to absorb or burn down. We also play fantasy games outside of here and do season awards, HoFs and make sure to keep the TAET lively. We've sort of committed to building a community within ourselves and that's really why it lasts. I don't think there's any real science to it. I think you just have to have some committed members and post frequently to drum up opinion and banter. 

It'd be interesting

I'd say let's just end the other forums and you guys come to the eagles forum instead...except the Giants fans cause they are the least fun.

But really we do have an Embassy thread in our forum for all of you, I don't know about @Phire, but I tend to treat it as a neutral playing field when it comes to trash talk from other NFC Easters.

I'm not sure how trafficked a new forum would be, but I do think the NFC East would be the most popular, followed by the NFC North. SOme of the divisions barely support themselves.

I think it'd have to be something where team mods would also be mods there...which is doable.

The question is what all would be done there that we cant do already?

Archived