7DnBrnc53's 2019 season prediction mock

7DnBrnc53

As @FourThreeMafia said, the Steelers won't be taking a QB anywhere in this draft. We have our QBOTF in Rudolph and we have our backup QB in Dobbs. Add in probably 2 years of Ben and you have a recipe for a team that will not take a QB in the entire draft, let alone in the first. Give us an ILB or a move TE. I'd guess those to be the biggest needs for the future. 

As far as the Browns pick, I would like to take a wait and see approach if LT is a pressing need by the end of the season. We need to keep the following facts squarely in our mind when evaluating this situation.

• We have been EXTREMELY fortunate as we have not had to worry about LT for 10 seasons. Some teams have had 8 tackles there over that time span.
  • Our recent memory of the play of our left tackle has been from a first ballot Hall of Famer. ANYONE who comes in after that is going to be looked at as a downgrade.
  • The reasons vary from A to Z why kids go undrafted. I feel if you have talent to play the position similar to what Joe Thomas showed week after week after week - you had to have had Lawrence Phillips type issues in your jacket to go undrafted. Maybe Desmond will never reach the level of his predecessor, but there is a lot there to work with. Undrafted?  Sounds more like he was just young dumb and stupid earlier in life - like we all were at one point.
  • Sure Desmond Harrison had a rough start Sunday - but some of the stats show that he rebounded well in the second half. Also, at some point, you need to tip your cap to the defense. Pittsburgh's D Line is no joke. Being played in a steady rain all day didn't help either.
  • Progress is the key. If Desmond can show steady improvement, that will be massive for the team. The last thing we need to start doing is having no patience and executing knee jerk reactions. Then if those don't work - you really are in the shee-ite..

Bosa would be nice, but we need to think about RT immediately.  I think we finish a lot better than 4-12, so a RT might be there in the range we pick.  If we are in the top 4, getting another pass rusher is fine with me, tho I'd much prefer trading up a spot for Oliver to put next to Geno.

1. The Lions won't be trading Stafford

2. The Lions would take on $49,000,000 in dead cap if they traded Stafford, so yeah that ain't happening

3. The Lions wouldn't trade Stafford for a 2nd. The starting price would involve like every 1st round pick in the foreseeable future

4. Justin Herbert is great but the Lions would never draft him. If they have the chance to take Bosa or Oliver then that's what they'll do.

Archived