Le'Veon Bell

famousj

I think Le'Veon Bell is trying to force a trade.   The Jets have the cap space for Bell.    The Jets can offer the Steelers  the 2019 #1 pick and Bilal Powell for Le'Veon Bell.    The Jets sign Bell to a 4yr, 66mil with first 3 years fully guaranteed and an 18million signing bonus.     Bell will be coming into a situation where the OL is much weaker than the Steelers but I think he could still run for 1,200yd and catch about 60 balls.    

2 minutes ago, famousj said:

I think Le'Veon Bell is trying to force a trade.   The Jets have the cap space for Bell.    The Jets can offer the Steelers  the 2019 #1 pick and Bilal Powell for Le'Veon Bell.    The Jets sign Bell to a 4yr, 66mil with first 3 years fully guaranteed and an 18million signing bonus.     Bell will be coming into a situation where the OL is much weaker than the Steelers but I think he could still run for 1,200yd and catch about 60 balls.    

I for starters really like Bell. But at what it will cost to get him and the deal it would take for him to even want to resign with us... he's not worth it quite frankly. He's a RB that has been used quite a bit and only probably has 2-3 good years left in him. He's not worth giving some huge deal to at a position if we would just address early on in draft... we could find our own special RB for cheap. Overall it's far fetched. And I also don't think the Steelers will just part with him easily. Its a contest now... to see who will fold 1st.

At the beginning of this offseason, I would have wanted this, but now he's really not a need. Would be great for Darnold, especially when plays breakdown, but I'm not sure if I want us to make a move for him. It would have to be a 3rd or 4th round pick. Nothing more. Then I would understand, but it would also depend on the contract he wants. 

8 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I for starters really like Bell. But at what it will cost to get him and the deal it would take for him to even want to resign with us... he's not worth it quite frankly. He's a RB that has been used quite a bit and only probably has 2-3 good years left in him. He's not worth giving some huge deal to at a position if we would just address early on in draft... we could find our own special RB for cheap. Overall it's far fetched. And I also don't think the Steelers will just part with him easily. Its a contest now... to see who will fold 1st.

If Bell played left tackle or is a great pass rusher I would agree. We are going to be ok with Powell & Crowell, this duo is going to be a lot better than people think. Getting Bell. is not our big need now. We all  know what our big needs are now it is the O line & getting a top pass rusher.

I would rather go after Love than Bell. I think Bell and the steelers are in a bad spot. Bell teammates are even turning on him. I don't think bell will command a 1st round pick anyways. i think he can be had for a 2nd or even a 3rd and 5th combo. He has a lot of wear on his body and has about 2-3 years left in him. This is why the steelers don't want him for a long term deal. 

Bell is far and away the best RB in the league and at this point I don't see why someone would give up a first to pay a bunch of money to a player whose team has to let him walk next season. If we can have him for a 3rd - I don't mind shelling out 16M a year to Bell. We have a ton of cap space to spend.

Even if we could extend him I wouldn't give up a first for him.  We can't extend him this year because he's past the deadline and he doesn't want to take another 400 touches before FA.  So you would give a first for what 6-8 games of Bell.  He's sitting out to preserve himself for FA.

Archived