Le'Veon Bell

famousj

Here are somethings that I consider when signing Bell

1. We will have to overpay to get him here. If he is looking for 16 mill with 45 G. We will probably go around 17-18 mill with 50-55 G.

2. Will Bell REALLY play hard if he gets paid? I say yes. He wants to show people that he is that good because people are doubting him with Conner doing so well. 

3. Would he improve the Jets that much to be worth all that money? The Jets line is pretty bad. I think Bell can still be good with this line because he can read a hole so fast and shift to it or just wait for it to open up. Most guys just plow ahead with a hole or no hole. 

I would also like to add that having Bell on the Jets would have better players wanting to come play for the Jets. I think we can get a good WR 1 when one hits the market. I wanted the Jets to trade for Cooper so bad a month ago. He would be the #1 guy that Darnold could grow with. 

2 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

Here are somethings that I consider when signing Bell

1. We will have to overpay to get him here. If he is looking for 16 mill with 45 G. We will probably go around 17-18 mill with 50-55 G.

2. Will Bell REALLY play hard if he gets paid? I say yes. He wants to show people that he is that good because people are doubting him with Conner doing so well. 

3. Would he improve the Jets that much to be worth all that money? The Jets line is pretty bad. I think Bell can still be good with this line because he can read a hole so fast and shift to it or just wait for it to open up. Most guys just plow ahead with a hole or no hole. 

I would also like to add that having Bell on the Jets would have better players wanting to come play for the Jets. I think we can get a good WR 1 when one hits the market. I wanted the Jets to trade for Cooper so bad a month ago. He would be the #1 guy that Darnold could grow with. 

I think everything you mentioned is true. A thing to add is that he wants to win a ring. Which we don’t offer right now... But I think we add an edge with him as a big FA signing and rebuild this OL (100% doable). We are contenders again. Probably still a year or 2 away. We get a big time WR via draft or FA in 2020 and we have the makings of a very good team. I think what’s very underrrated is... how much better Darnold and our defense would be just bc of a better OL and Bell here. Defense is better bc they’re not on the field as much making them fresh and not as much pressure either. Darnold becomes better bc the running game is a big time threat and opens up lanes for him to pass in and give him time to throw. It’s not just about Bell I’m getting Bell. It’s that he makes Darnold (our big investment) better and makes the odds of him becoming a franchise QB better. And makes our defense more useful.

18 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

I'd honestly prefer the Colts if I were him. Better offense (OL & QB), easier division, better chance at a SB, and probably just as much $$$

The thing is Mack and Hines are both talented and the Colts might not see RB as a nee and would rather spend that money they have on defense. There offense is pretty set minus a #2 WR.

7 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

The thing is Mack and Hines are both talented and the Colts might not see RB as a nee and would rather spend that money they have on defense. There offense is pretty set minus a #2 WR.

Yeah but why have good when you can have elite? They might not see the need but if I wanted to open up that SB window wide while Luck was still young I'd consider it.

1 hour ago, NJerseypaint said:

Yeah but why have good when you can have elite? They might not see the need but if I wanted to open up that SB window wide while Luck was still young I'd consider it.

The problem is Bell is already talking about the Colts & Luck. Plus the Colts have plenty of cap money. The question is where would you want to play if you were Bell, with the Jets or the Colts, who are a team on the rise ????????

1 hour ago, NJerseypaint said:

Very well could be. Im just thinking from their perspective. They're not in the same boat as us. They have good players on offense. They're probably looking and saying we need a #2 and 3 WR and a defense. Bell absolutely could make them better. But they're already the 4th highest scoring team in the NFL. Scoring isn't their problem.

39 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Very well could be. Im just thinking from their perspective. They're not in the same boat as us. They have good players on offense. They're probably looking and saying we need a #2 and 3 WR and a defense. Bell absolutely could make them better. But they're already the 4th highest scoring team in the NFL. Scoring isn't their problem.

Colts are the only team that has more money then us.  They could easily add Bell without hesitation and go after multiple good defesive players to fill out their team.  If Bell wants to be paid and have a chance to win then he's not coming here.  

33 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Colts are the only team that has more money then us.  They could easily add Bell without hesitation and go after multiple good defesive players to fill out their team.  If Bell wants to be paid and have a chance to win then he's not coming here.  

Rockice, I feel the same way in fact I just posted just about the same thing you just said.

3 minutes ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

It matters little whom we acquire. As long as we are led by bad personnel people and coaches, we will continue to spin our wheels ad infinitum.

100%. Most of the teams that are finding success are doing so because of great coaches coaching good/great players.

47 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Would you rather live in NY or Indiana though??? Not even a close one is it. No offense to anyone from Indiana by the way 😎

I wouldn't want to live in either place, that why I live in Orlando Fl, no state income tax no city tax, low real estate taxes, and it doesn't cost $ 15 dollars to cross a bridge.  And by the way right now the temperature  is 77 deg.

Archived