Le'Veon Bell

famousj

1 minute ago, jetfuel34 said:

I just don't see ,such difference if you put Coleman and Ingram behind the Jets OL. Coleman never took over when Freeman went down this year and Ingram is nothing special that is why they drafted Kamara. 

They drafted Kamara to be their Recieving Back like they’ve had since Reggie Bush, Coleman’s been good in a mediocre offense and adds both to the running and passing game.

15 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I just don't see ,such difference if you put Coleman and Ingram behind the Jets OL. Coleman never took over when Freeman went down this year and Ingram is nothing special that is why they drafted Kamara. 

Ingram is a nice back lets not down play him completely here.  He's had a really solid career and his last two years were really good.  Problem is he is 29, he isn't as good as Bell is, and "money ain't a thing" to quote Jay-Z so we aren't looking for value we are looking for a game changer.

If we strike out on Bell for some reason and want to add another solid RB to the backfield Ingram or Coleman would be a nice addition to Crowell and McGuire as a nice 3 headed backfield.  Until that happens though we should be all in on plan A and that is Bell. 

6 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Bell changes games. Ingram and Coleman don’t. I’d rather draft a RB with a valuable pick then pay either of those 2. 

Advanced analytics show that Ingram is more of a game changer than you realize and that Leveon is more overrated than you realize.

No that I don’t believe Bell is a game changer and would help is a ton but I definitely think he benefited a ton from playing in Pitt’s offense that’s stacked at WR and a Solid TE group. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that DeAngelo Williams, James Connor, and now Jaylen Samuels have all found success there with Bell out.

9 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

No that I don’t believe Bell is a game changer and would help is a ton but I definitely think he benefited a ton from playing in Pitt’s offense that’s stacked at WR and a Solid TE group. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that DeAngelo Williams, James Connor, and now Jaylen Samuels have all found success there with Bell out.

100%.  If you look at football Outsider rankings, Ingram is 3rd this year.  Last year Bell was 11th, Ingram 12th.  2016, Bell was 3rd, Ingram 5th.  Yeah, Bell has been better, but he does benefit from that system as well.   

2 hours ago, barnaby8787 said:

Advanced analytics show that Ingram is more of a game changer than you realize and that Leveon is more overrated than you realize.

I don’t read much into those. You can read lots of stats and twist them and make cases for different things.

1 hour ago, Dr.O said:

Get your point. But Ingram didn’t doesn’t benefit from Brees and that’s offense? Coleman and those WRs?

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I don’t read much into those. You can read lots of stats and twist them and make cases for different things.

If you look at the stats....

Ingram: 1305 carries, 4.6 YPC, 49 TD's. 225 catches, 7 YPR, catch percentage of 79.8% , 5 TD's. Average total yards from scrimmage of 4.9.

Bell: 1229 Carries, 4.3 YPC, 35 TD's. 312 catches, 8.5 YPR, catch percentage of 78.6%, 7 TD's.  Average total yards from scrimmage of 5.2.

I won't argue that Bell isn't better and Rockice argued age which is completely fair for not wanting to pursue Ingram.  I'm just saying that there really isn't a significant dropoff from Bell to Ingram.  If you consider Bell a stud, Ingram shouldn't be consider much less than one as well.

18 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

If you look at the stats....

Ingram: 1305 carries, 4.6 YPC, 49 TD's. 225 catches, 7 YPR, catch percentage of 79.8% , 5 TD's. Average total yards from scrimmage of 4.9.

Bell: 1229 Carries, 4.3 YPC, 35 TD's. 312 catches, 8.5 YPR, catch percentage of 78.6%, 7 TD's.  Average total yards from scrimmage of 5.2.

I won't argue that Bell isn't better and Rockice argued age which is completely fair for not wanting to pursue Ingram.  I'm just saying that there really isn't a significant dropoff from Bell to Ingram.  If you consider Bell a stud, Ingram shouldn't be consider much less than one as well.

I think Ingram benefits more from a wide open offense. Pittsburgh’s offense isn’t as wide open as NOLAs. I also think that the addition of Kamara allowed Ingram to be fresh more these last couple years. Bell has never really had that luxury. I’m by no means saying that Ingram isn’t good. I think he’s a very good player. I just think Bell is star.

30 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think Ingram benefits more from a wide open offense. Pittsburgh’s offense isn’t as wide open as NOLAs. I also think that the addition of Kamara allowed Ingram to be fresh more these last couple years. Bell has never really had that luxury. I’m by no means saying that Ingram isn’t good. I think he’s a very good player. I just think Bell is star.

I disagree.  Every single RB to run behind Pitts o-line has had success.  Not everyone behind New Orleans has.  The freshness, I agree with.

11 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

I disagree.  Every single RB to run behind Pitts o-line has had success.  Not everyone behind New Orleans has.  The freshness, I agree with.

Bell is a great receiver as well. A big part of his game that makes him a star. He can do everything. 

10 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Bell is a great receiver as well. A big part of his game that makes him a star. He can do everything. 

100% but so can Ingram.  Ingram catches a higher percentage of passes in his direction.  Leveon is still better, but again, Ingram really isn’t far off at all and stats show that  

Archived