Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
famousj

Le'Veon Bell

Recommended Posts

19 hours ago, Rich51 said:

So James Connor ran for 135 yards and 2 TDs plus had 5 receptions for another 57 yards. I know it’s only week one but It probably makes Pitt question if they really need Bell. It also makes it hard for any team to justify paying Bell big money when his numbers were equaled by a 23 year old late 3rd round pick making under a million.

I don't think stats tell the whole story. I was listening to Boomer on the radio and he was talking about how the Browns defense was basically daring the Steelers to run it by running cover 2 most of the game and that you don't see that when Bell is on the field. The Browns gave up a ton of rushing yards, but they could afford to if it meant reining in AB and JuJu. With Bell, your forced to give more opportunities away in the passing game just to slow him down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

I don't think stats tell the whole story. I was listening to Boomer on the radio and he was talking about how the Browns defense was basically daring the Steelers to run it by running cover 2 most of the game and that you don't see that when Bell is on the field. The Browns gave up a ton of rushing yards, but they could afford to if it meant reining in AB and JuJu. With Bell, your forced to give more opportunities away in the passing game just to slow him down.

No doubt Bell is the better talent but for 1/20th of the price they have a kid with the potential to put up solid numbers in both the run and pass game. Connor cannot run the ball 31 times a game but 60-80 yds on 15-20 carries plus 4 or 5 receptions a game seems doable in the Pitt offense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Rich51 said:

No doubt Bell is the better talent but for 1/20th of the price they have a kid with the potential to put up solid numbers in both the run and pass game. Connor cannot run the ball 31 times a game but 60-80 yds on 15-20 carries plus 4 or 5 receptions a game seems doable in the Pitt offense. 

I think it's much more than that. There's something to be said about having stars in both the rushing and passing attack. Having a star in one area can open up the other, but having a star in both areas will keep all defenses on their toes. Stopping AB is a headache for defensive coordinators. Stopping AB and Bell is a nightmare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really don't want Bell on here unless we get him cheap deal and he sign a short term deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-09-05 at 9:40 PM, famousj said:

 I think Le'Veon Bell is trying to force a trade.   The Jets have the cap space for Bell.    The Jets can offer the Steelers  the 2019 #1 pick and Bilal Powell for Le'Veon Bell.    The Jets sign Bell to a 4yr, 66mil with first 3 years fully guaranteed and an 18million signing bonus.     Bell will be coming into a situation where the OL is much weaker than the Steelers but I think he could still run for 1,200yd and catch about 60 balls.    

 

 

with Crowell being a legit RB , why bother? I would like to make a trade, but you do have a good RB and good score in UFA with Crowell.  I suppose a rotation so you can preserve bell for his next team and new deal could apply9_9 What do you guys think the jets would offer for a Bell trade?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-09-10 at 1:37 PM, NJerseypaint said:

I don't think stats tell the whole story. I was listening to Boomer on the radio and he was talking about how the Browns defense was basically daring the Steelers to run it by running cover 2 most of the game and that you don't see that when Bell is on the field. The Browns gave up a ton of rushing yards, but they could afford to if it meant reining in AB and JuJu. With Bell, your forced to give more opportunities away in the passing game just to slow him down.

while this post has facts that can be considered important, I am more old school and still prefer the score and the yards more than how it was achieved (vs what defensive philosophy etc). Bell does change the defenses, but in the end, how were the results? Just like if you have a D, one could be basic and allow rookies to play, the other really complicated and not allow rookies to play. Both could offer similar results, but what if the more basic D was slightly better ?

Edited by 3rivers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-09-10 at 2:56 PM, Rich51 said:

No doubt Bell is the better talent but for 1/20th of the price they have a kid with the potential to put up solid numbers in both the run and pass game. Connor cannot run the ball 31 times a game but 60-80 yds on 15-20 carries plus 4 or 5 receptions a game seems doable in the Pitt offense. 

Running back by committee can allow for a more consistent reliable backfield that can tolerate an injury or even a suspension. It can also allow 2 really good OL as opposed to the superstar RB, just a thought. Then if you consider perhaps 2 top tier WR's, who gets the double team- pick your poison.

I think various approaches will work, it just cones down to the way the players suit the play calling . The idea that the media says we can't win without bell makes me laugh, and he is a great player when healthy . The Eagles won without HOF QB, HOF WR and superstar RB (probably HOF as well) - just an example.:o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 3rivers said:

with Crowell being a legit RB , why bother? I would like to make a trade, but you do have a good RB and good score in UFA with Crowell.  I suppose a rotation so you can preserve bell for his next team and new deal could apply9_9 What do you guys think the jets would offer for a Bell trade?

My guess is that the Jets won’t be as interested in Bell as they were in Mack for a few reasons. They like the committee approach with backs. Also, just speculation, but I don’t think they would want him from a culture perspective. It’s a big red flag that Bells OL called him out. The Jets are a young team that finally got rid of bad character guys. Not sure if Bell is that but his team left him out to dry which says something.

I don’t even want to put out a round for a pick or anything because I just don’t think they’ll go after him if Pit wants anything meaningful for him. Feel like at this point, he is likely going to be a Steeler and report in week 8. 

Edited by SDotNova

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

My guess is that the Jets won’t be as interested in Bell as they were in Mack for a few reasons. They like the committee approach with backs. Also, just speculation, but I don’t think they would want him from a culture perspective. It’s a big red flag that Bells OL called him out. The Jets are a young team that finally got rid of bad character guys. Not sure if Bell is that but his team left him out to dry which says something.

I don’t even want to put out a round for a pick or anything because I just don’t think they’ll go after him if Pit wants anything meaningful for him. Feel like at this point, he is likely going to be a Steeler and report in week 8. 

I agree about the red flags, it hasn't helped him IMO and there are a few of them. I just remembered the other day that he decided to show last minute for the playoff game :o How did I forget. Great Flex Back, but too many concerns, and probably the reason the steelers offer was les than he wanted. If this deal was done in his 3rd year I am sure it would have been more to his liking.  If bell shows up after the trade deadline, then he will just get his snaps and wait until next year. I am waiting to see if he claims he has an injury and then sits out the rest of the season. he wants to preserve, but how far will he go.  RB's should be allowed to hit UFA after 3 years since their careers are in tact much less duration than other positions but this is what he and the steelers are stuck with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reported that we have reached out to the Steelers about Bell. I’m sure it’s just due dilegence though. Can’t see us giving up any valuable pick for him. But we can give him that money he wants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't want him either but if we got him cheap say a 3rd or 4th round pick and we sign him to a 3 year 17 mill per year I can live with that.  I'm more upset about Jimmy G going down because the 49ers would have gaven up some good picks for Teddy B. I knew I would have held him until week 4 or 5. The saints deal was always going to be there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Reported that we have reached out to the Steelers about Bell. I’m sure it’s just due dilegence though. Can’t see us giving up any valuable pick for him. But we can give him that money he wants.

I am for it only if he can play on the offensive line. People forgot already what happen to us in the Brown game. Our O line never gave Darnold, a chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

No thanks. 

Honestly why not ? We're in year 4 (?!) of a rebuild and are arguably worse than we were four years ago

Our best offensive players were drafted by Tannenbaum and Idzik

Macc can't draft for s@!t outside of the top 6 anyway

Give up Rounds 3-7 and let's maybe win a game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

Honestly why not ? We're in year 4 (?!) of a rebuild and are arguably worse than we were four years ago

Our best offensive players were drafted by Tannenbaum and Idzik

Macc can't draft for s@!t outside of the top 6 anyway

Give up Rounds 3-7 and let's maybe win a game

RB is the least of our problems. The offensive line is so abysmal I don’t think he will be the difference maker he is now. Just seems like a waste for a team that’s not ready to win now considering he wants a ton of money and has a ton of carries on him already.

At least that way we can throw even more passes behind or at the line of scrimmage. The coaches would dig that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×